Upstate NY Babies
Options

Where is your LO's big kid bed?

In a corner/against a wall or with both sides exposed?

I moved R's room around and I hate it. I had his twin bed coming out into the room with 2 side rails. I moved it to a corner but it will be a PITA to do sheets! It is still on just the box spring so it is pretty low too, but once we get him a real bed this Fall it is just going to look weird shoved into a corner. 

Once again, I am sure I am over analyzing this! =) 

Re: Where is your LO's big kid bed?

• Options

I think most kids have their beds against the wall if there is no window right there. It just makes the room so much bigger and they don't need two access sides like we do.

Evan's is in the corner and it is a lot easier to change the sheets to his bed than Leah's crib with the breathable bumper (or was, we just ditched the bumper last week)

• Options
    Evan isn't in his bed yet, but I plan on keeping it in the same spot his crib is now- against the wall. I figure it can't be any harder to change the sheet than it is now in his crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In the corner.  First it was just the mattress and the boxspring, then we converted it and kept it there.  It doesn't go flush against the wall so I have 3 pillows stuffed along the side.  I've heard that there shouldn't be a gap because kids can get limbs stuck in there and twist/break them.  Not sure what age that most likely happens but I try to avoid any accidents.  Against the wall is cozy, less worries about falling out, more room in the room.  (Full size bed).
  • Options
    Chelsea's headboard is against the wall and the bed is accessible from both sides. We have the double rails on it. I like to be able to get around the whole thing for changing the sheets.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Both kids' beds are against walls away from the window.  It is a PITA to change the sheets, especially since they are full size beds.  But it really isn't that much of a big deal.
  • Options
    We have space on both sides of Eva's bed.  Her room is tiny but there is an electric baseboard heater along the wall where her bed is so we couldn't put the bed flush to the wall.  I didn't want sheets, blankets, toys, etc falling on the heater.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    WHat's the deal with the window thing?  The way our room is shaped and sized, I think it can only go in the corner, which will mean half the bed will be under a window.
  • Options

imagejnk062602:
    WHat's the deal with the window thing?  The way our room is shaped and sized, I think it can only go in the corner, which will mean half the bed will be under a window.

I just think he will mess with his blinds and curtains if they are hanging by his bed! His blinds don't have a cord or anything, but will rip if he fiddles with them endlessly. 

I have myself worked up into quite the lather tonight, I hate his bed where it is! lol He likes it and said it was comfy. I asked if I could move it back and he said "no". I moved the camera to see him better but it isn't helping. 

• Options
    imageJune4bride2be:

I have myself worked up into quite the lather tonight, I hate his bed where it is! lol He likes it and said it was comfy. I asked if I could move it back and he said "no". I moved the camera to see him better but it isn't helping. 

Haha, if he likes it where it is, I would just leave it be.  Once you get the new bed, it will be another change anyway, so then put the big bed where you want it.

DD gets like that too.  Once she sees something once, she thinks that is the way it should be and that's it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"