Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Pampers Swaddlers VS. Huggies Pure & Natural? (For newborn)

My C-section is in 8 days! Yes I didn't want to "stock up" on newborn sized diapers because I don't know which one LO will prefer. Although I do know I'll be going with either Huggies Pure & Natural or Pampers Swaddlers. They both have above average reviews but I wanted your personal opinions... I love the idea of the Huggies umbilical cut-out but I still would like some advance. TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pampers Swaddlers VS. Huggies Pure & Natural? (For newborn)

• Options
    No oppinions b/c I've only used pampers.  But just fyi, pampers has the cut out too.  Pending how big your baby is, you might still need to fold down the flap. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I bought Huggies and ended up using Pampers Swaddlers.  The hospital used them and I really like them.  My LO used size one from birth and we just folded down for the umbilical cord.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

same here...LO never wore newborn size. I wouldnt buy too many of either kind in case you dont like them, or LO doesnt fit. You may want to wait for LO to be born, use what they give you in the hospital, take some home also, then send your husband or someone else out to buy more later on. thats my advice.

We use Huggies little snugglers. LO was blowing out pampers almost every time he had a BM. Huggies has the little blow out protector waist band thingy that really helps us out. haha...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image
  • Options
    She's suppose to be right at 7 pounds if not under at birth, so I'm almost positive she'll be wearing the newborn size for at least the first week. Pampers Swaddlers Newborn has the umbilical cut out, too?
  • Options
    We tried Huggies P&N for awhile, but DD blew them out like they were tissue paper. She never had a single leak using Swaddlers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageSarahRae812:
    We tried Huggies P&N for awhile, but DD blew them out like they were tissue paper. She never had a single leak using Swaddlers.

Same with us.  We've had both DSs leak out of Huggies.  We haven't had any blowouts so to speak, but lots of lots of pee leaks.  We've never had an issue with Pampers.

• Options
    I think I'm convinced to go with Pampers! Plus, I have a 1.50 off coupon from Target! So it's a win-win!
  • Options
    I have used both and I will say this. I wish I hadn't bought a big box of the pure and natural huggies. They don't have the lines to tell when he's gone potty which trust me, is a huge plus. Also my son blew out and leaked out of the huggies several times. So much that I'm considering calling the company and getting my money back because I know I was properly putting on the diaper.
  • Options
    imageJennyAnne022776:

imageSarahRae812:

Same with us.  We've had both DSs leak out of Huggies.  We haven't had any blowouts so to speak, but lots of lots of pee leaks.  We've never had an issue with Pampers.

Us too. I have decided that I HATE huggies (tried both the pure and natural and regular ones). I don't enjoy having to change sheets, blankets, and clothes multiple times a night...so pampers it is! My SIL and cousin told me that they had the same problem. 

• Options
    Pampers get my vote. Have had several leaks with the Huggies. The Pampers have a cut out for the UC and a 'wet' indicator that is super handy.
  • Options
    Pampers is our go to diaper, Huggies left weird little gel like balls on DS waist and it made him very uncomfotable.
  • Options
    imagelincolngirl:
    imageJennyAnne022776:

imageSarahRae812:

Us too. I have decided that I HATE huggies (tried both the pure and natural and regular ones). I don't enjoy having to change sheets, blankets, and clothes multiple times a night...so pampers it is! My SIL and cousin told me that they had the same problem. 

We also had leaks with the pure & natural. The other Huggies varieties don't do it but pure & natural did. We use Pampers swaddlers and Huggies Lil' snugglers interchangeably... whatever is on sale or we have coupons for!

Our miracle has arrived! Benjamin Aaron, born 6/23/11 image
    Picture courtesy of Heidi Keene Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

For us, pampers newborn was the best, we now use huggies size 1-2 from costco and size 2 they work well for us.

We had a small packages (84) of pampers, huggies, and parent's choice (such crap for newborn) we tried them all out. We used all of them up except 1 sleeve of huggies, he got to big. 

Every baby is different and I say try to get samples of each brand and see what works for your baby!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had one sample of the huggies naturals. we normally use pampers. well in my diaper bag the huggies was the last diaper I had in it. we used it with a sample of desitin and omg she got the worst rash. California baby Calundra cream cleared it up quick. 

A few weeks later I ran out of pampers nb and wanted to see if the huggies nb diapers would fit her since they run a bit bigger than pampers nb. well she leaked all over the place with them so bad that I do not think the diaper absorbed anything.

I hate huggies...

I agree with others try to get some samples or maybe ask your friends that have babies to try a few from what they use. this is how you will figure out what fits for your little one best.  

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We tried both and are now a Pampers (and CD) family. The Huggies Natural were the best of the Huggies types but still had more leaks than the Pampers.

• Options

imagecloudy0143:
    She's suppose to be right at 7 pounds if not under at birth, so I'm almost positive she'll be wearing the newborn size for at least the first week. Pampers Swaddlers Newborn has the umbilical cut out, too?

DD was 7-11 at birth and we are still using NB 3 weeks later.  If you think your LO will be 7 pounds or so you will probably be using NB for 4-5 weeks. 

• Options
    Pampers for sure! LO would end up covered in pee every time we put Huggies on him : ( Plus I thought the Pure and Natural were kind of rough
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"