Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Im Bored!!

I'm at home with a 2 week old and I feel like all i do is sit on the couch and feed her or get her/keep her asleep. im going stir crazy!

any ideas to keep me sane, or will this pass quickly enough?! 

~Welcome to the world, Presley Ann!! *8/16/11* 8 days late!

Re: Im Bored!!

• Options

Start going places.  Go to Target.  Walk around.  Go grocery shopping.  If you are waiting to go anywhere until the "recommended 4-6 weeks" then Idk what to tell you.  When we went out before then, I would keep DD in her carrier with the canopy up.  I'd snap her into her stroller and put the other side up to, so she was completely covered.  If she were awake, I'd wear her and keep her close.  I wouldn't let strangers touch her or get in her face. 

Going places was the only thing that allowed me to keep my sanity while on ML.

• Options
    I agree with the PP go somewhere. Do something. It helps stave off the boredom.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like to go wander around Target. It's also fun to go to Babies-r-Us and wander around. I usually have a coupon, so I will pick up an item that we may need. Even just getting out for an outing like that will take it out of me, and we get a good nap in Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Agree with PP's... I loved walking at the mall.  It isn't busy during the day and I can get in some exercise while staying in the AC.  I also made plans with friends/family that were available during the day, so we could go visit someone for a few hours without worrying about germs.

If you don't already use pinterest.com, you should check it out - you can get lost on that site.  I also spend a lot of time editing photos, planning meals, looking at baby products online, and organizing stuff at home. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekimbo1216:

Start going places.  Go to Target.  Walk around.  Go grocery shopping.  If you are waiting to go anywhere until the "recommended 4-6 weeks" then Idk what to tell you.  When we went out before then, I would keep DD in her carrier with the canopy up.  I'd snap her into her stroller and put the other side up to, so she was completely covered.  If she were awake, I'd wear her and keep her close.  I wouldn't let strangers touch her or get in her face. 

Going places was the only thing that allowed me to keep my sanity while on ML.

This...I felt quite ok with taking him places during the day when stores weren't as crowded and I definitely wasn't afraid to offend anyone who got too close.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely go somewhere. I wish I hadn't been too chicken to take LO out that early because I could have gotten somethings done! That's when they're sleeping all the time. Soon your LO will start being awake more and far less predictable.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    Put LO in the stroller and go for a walk. Fresh air is good for you and LO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ready to light me on fire?

I took DD to the movies with me and MH. She slept soooo good. I would cradle her in my arms, one ear pressed against my chest, my hand covering the other. We saw Harry Potter twice and Cars 2. It was soo nice to have a date with DH and not have to work to hard at taking care of DD.

Flame away if you must but It was so worth it.

• Options
    haha, well i mustered the confidence to go to both target and take a walk after your gentle nudges. not sure im brave enough to hit up a movie yet, but maybe!!!
    ~Welcome to the world, Presley Ann!! *8/16/11* 8 days late!
  • Options

If you do a movie, I'd do it soon while they sleep through it. Its not near as fun when they want to be talkative.

• Options
    If the weather permits it, put LO in her stroller and take her for a walk. I have a car seat/stroller combo so I used to put her in the car seat, stick it on the stroller and go for walks. My DD loved it. But she was born at the beginning of summer in AZ so our walks stopped when she was 2 and 1/2 weeks old.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"