Oregon Babies

Reviews of Natural Childbirth & Family Clinic (Portland)?

Hi all!

Has anyone had any experience with the Natural Childbirth and Family Clinic (https://naturalchildbirthclinic.com/) in east Portland? I'm trying to decide where to have my baby and this clinic is *really* close to my house, which makes it tempting. However, I haven't been able to find very many particularly useful reviews.

Thanks!

Lisa 

Re: Reviews of Natural Childbirth & Family Clinic (Portland)?

• Unfortunately, I know someone who had to fire her midwife NCFC a few weeks ago.  Maybe it's a rare circumstance, but the pregnant mom and her husband are two of the most laid back people I know, so it would take a lot to get them to the point of firing someone.  We were at Alma until we found out we were having twins.  We had a great experience while we were there and know others who loved it too.  
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm also having my baby at Alma, based on six or seven recommendations. We didn't shop around very much, though. I felt really comfortable there right form the beginning. Choosing a place because of it's location makes sense, but I would just make sure they give you the right feeling first. To me, that was most important.
    Elkanah Brave, born 02/06/2012 7:26am
  • Loading the player...
  • Like PP, I'm also an alma mom, but I did visit NCFC for my 20 week ultrasound. I met with Dr. Ed Hoffman-Smith, and the visit was not great. He did not communicate well with us at all. When I told my midwives at alma about it, they said that a lot of people said that about him. That's just information on one of the people there, but I thought I would share for what it's worth.

I also HIGHLY recommend alma. You're welcome to PM me if you want more info about it. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"