3rd Trimester
Options

2 ?'s: What's your LO 1's(+) gift to new baby and outfit for picts?

1 Curious as to what everyone's take is on this one. As my DH and I do NOT agree!  What's your (LO's) gift to baby?

2. Also, what are are you bringing for the baby's pictures/ Lo's &baby's first picture? DH and I still like your old school hospital picts, but now have been thru it once- we want to be prepared for the round 2 shots with or without older LO. Ideas???

PS we are having another boy, if that helps.

TIA

imageBabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2 ?'s: What's your LO 1's(+) gift to new baby and outfit for picts?

• Options

I have never heard of LO giving the new baby anything. We have enough to worry about, so that won't be happening with us. Cute idea though.

We will most likely have some professional newborn pics done of the baby, so we can get DS in a few shots there. We won't be staging anything fancy for the hospital pics. DS will probably wear his "Big brother" shirt, but that's about it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Little brother already got big sister her first doll, stroller, feeding toys, and diaper changing toys.  Eventually I'll get myself to Target and have DD pick something out for little brother.

As for pictures I don't plan on using the hospital photographer.  One of our really good friends is a prof. photog so she's taking care of all of that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have only heard of the LO gift on here to be honest. Which is why we disagree, same thing with the push gift.

We also agree on the old school picture only at the hospital, but then have seen others who have brought personal items, cute outfits and such and we AWW'd them. We already have the professional lined up, but why pay big bucks if hte hospital does it cheaper, was one statement thrown at us.

I guess I'm looking for ideas for those who plan on personalizing  or staging so I know if it's something really for us or not.

• Options
    imagedragon_chica:

Little brother already got big sister her first doll, stroller, feeding toys, and diaper changing toys.  Eventually I'll get myself to Target and have DD pick something out for little brother.

As for pictures I don't plan on using the hospital photographer.  One of our really good friends is a prof. photog so she's taking care of all of that.

What are your thoughts though on LO2 gift... a toy? a blankie? a book?? Everyone talks about it but never really mentions what they end up getting.

• Options
    We chose to do the gifts because it's a great way to introduce DD to DS.  So much attention is always put on the new baby.  As for the pictures, with DD I found the prices to be expensive so even if we didn't have a photographer as a friend we wouldn't have done them.
  • Options
    imageDanny'sGirl09:
    imagedragon_chica:

What are your thoughts though on LO2 gift... a toy? a blankie? a book?? Everyone talks about it but never really mentions what they end up getting.

I haven't thought this part through yet since I still have about a month left.  I was thinking of maybe having DD pick out a small toy or book.  I got the idea of having older sibling get a gift for younger sibling from a friend.  She did that and her oldest still (a year later) remembers what she picked out for her baby sister as well as what baby sister got for her.

• Options
    I don't really see a point in DS giving the baby a gift. The baby doesn't care. DS will get a gift "from the baby" so that he takes her in good grace and doesn't feel like he will be replaced or something. As for the second question, nothing. No hospital pics. I am a photographer so the baby, just like DS, will have more than a bazillion of pictures before she leaves the hospital. No special objects. There will be enough staging during the newborn session in the studio, I prefer pictures at the hospital to be more true to life and simple.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you are going to  do a gift, I think it would be more important coming from the new baby to older sibling. The big brother will receive a small bundle of small construction toys from the new baby since that is his favorite thing. We may have DS1 make a "build a bear" for the new baby, but that is really for the benefit of the older child and it can be a prop in pictures of growth along the way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Options

The gift is having a big sister I say. Mine is too young to even understand what's going to be happening. She will just know mommy was away for a day, and then she will come see me and I will have a new baby. I got them cute matching outfits for their first photo together though. A longsleeve onesie that said Daddy Rocks with a guitar on it, and some pants that look like jeans. Also have a change to Winnie the Pooh and Piglet hugging eachother onesies. I have had a Piglet plush in most of DD1's photos so now I will have a Pooh and Piglet with both of them.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We aren't having DD1 give anything to DD2. I bought several books abouing being a big sister/having siblings that I'll give to DD1 "from" the baby, but not the other way around.

We wont' be doing hospital pics. We'll take our own, and I may schedule a family shoot at home to get newborn pics as well as family ones since we couldn't afford something like that when DD1 was first born.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We actually are having a gift from the baby to my DS. We got him 2 action figures he loves and we will bring those to the hospital with us. 

We are going to have professional pictures done at the house after baby is born with DS. I'm not gonna go nuts with the outfit because he babys always lay on the tummys for pics anyway

• Options

DS isn't giving anything to the baby. The baby, however, will be giving DS something. Right now we are thinking the talking, walking REX toy from Toy Story.

We aren't bringing anything for photos, we aren't prop people. We also aren't getting any pro photos done at the hospital. We will take the hospital photos ourselves, Dh and I are both pretty good with our DSLR and have professional lighting, etc, so we will be good to go.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options
    We won't be doing sibling gifts. DS having a sibling is his gift.We plan on having the hospital take pictures. We did with DS and his pictures came out great. I plan on doing a family photos a month or two are DD is here.
    ~I Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Posting from an Android sorry for any errors
  • Options
    We got LO #1 a mini laptop one of those educational ones.  And we arent having pictures done at the hospital.  Maybe a couple non professional ones.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"