June 2011 Moms

Sick of pink

LO's hair has always been auburn, and it's getting redder as more of it comes in (DH had bozo the clown red hair as a kid). She looks AWFUL in pink, and frankly, I wasn't that fond of it in the first place.

EVERYONE buys a girl pink-- esp these early clothes. My MIL is the worse about it, and you would think she would remember, esp as she told me she only dressed DH in green b/c of his hair. 

I've had it with pink! Anyone else over it or am I the first?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sick of pink

• I still adore pink.

Purple is not the best color on my LO for some reason. I thought I was crazy for thinking that but then my Mom said the same thing! It's just not her color.

• I don't hate pink, I just wish A didn't have so much of it. I'm a blue girl and love girly blue clothes. We have seriously only bought her like 3 outfits. The rest were gifts. 1 of the things we bought was a Texas rangers onesie and we didn't get it pink either. Just add a bow and she still looks like a girl. Lol. The other two things were a purple outfit and Christmas PJs. Everything else was a gift or hand me down. We didn't even do her room in pink. We went purple and green. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a fan of pink. If I had a girl, I wouldn't get pink clothes for her. I'd go for pretty much any other color but I've never liked pink, not even as a young girl lol.
  • We have lots of pink, too. I'm always excited when someone gets her things in a different color. And like someone else said, 99% of her clothes are gifts or hand me downs from friends, so I don't buy her much myself. We got some red booties recently, and I was looking for something she could wear them with... I think she has zero red clothes! My favorite to dress her in is yellow or blue :)
  • I love dressing her in blue and green and white-- she also doesn't look great in purple, which breaks my heart since everything I own is purple!

I'm hoping once they get bigger girls clothes will trend towards less pink?

• I love my little girl in purple and yellow. She looks nice in pink but I get tired of it. I have a beautiful redheaded niece. She looks great in purple. We don't get her pink but she is a girly girl who loves pink. So I get it and agree not all little girls have to wear pi k all the time.
  • Blasphemy! Lol I love pink. I suppose you're allowed though because pink isn't good on redheads. My mom has beautiful red hair that I was always jealous of. LO is in pink a lot but she actually does look great in dark blue. Her eyes are gray and dark blue brings them out. But brown isn't her best color.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pink is my favorite color.  The pinker the better!  DH knows I love anything he brings me home if it is pink.  Chocolate, flowers, a t shirt, teddy bear, carseat cover.  I am nuts about pink...but atlas I have a son so the pink will have to wait.
  • I personally hate the color pink...never been a fan of it.  Stella has very few pink items.  I think I pissed off DH's niece the other day - I posted yet another picture of S on FB the other day - in a Tigers onesie and his niece's common was something along the lines of 'can I please see my cousin in some pink!'  And then I get a note from the daycare yesterday that Friday is wear pink day (for Race for the Cure).  That's going to be a challenge!
  • Haha I love pink, but I do sometimes think we are on pink overload! I have a lot more color choices inmy 3-6 month section of her closet, so once we can get into those clothes I'll have more choices.

I was drooling over a lot of the gorgeous red & black stuff at carters yesterday!

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i hate pink too.  but i hate the idea of spending money on baby clothes even more.  so i'll dress the girls in pink clothes if people buy them for us, but i never buy anything pink myself.
  • I've always hated the color pink but for some reason now that I have a girl I love pink for her.  She really looks good in it.  Never thought I would like it but now I do.  She really looks good in blue too so I've been buying her some cooler weather clothes in blue.  She also has very little red and black and I've bought her a few things in these as well.  Not sure if she looks good in them yet because she hasn't worn any.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"