Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sippy Cup

We've been playing around with the sippy cup since my DD turned 6 months (about 3 weeks now, but not every day). I usually just give it to her after her dinner time. Tonight she figured out how to actually drink efficiently from it. So now I'm wondering, how often do you offer it? I only put water in it.

Re: Sippy Cup

• We are doing the same thing. Were still BF'ing so I usually just put in on her blanket while she is playing with toys that way she can take a sip whenever she wants. It's worked out pretty well.
  • I offer it when she's getting solids.  I'll occasionally offer it at random just for the practice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I started giving it at 6 months, too.  I usually give it to him when he's in his high chair before and after his meals (breakfast and dinner) and I've started occasionally giving it to him other times too, like for car rides. He really hasn't figured it out much yet.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • We started about 6 mos also, and we just found the kind that he really likes! We give it to him during mealtimes and just during the day. I give him water and sometimes diluted applejuice (like as a treat on the weekends... :P ) But we also have a couple with straws for him to practice with (the sippy straws not like actual straws). We tried to transition more to those to lose the bottle, but he doesn't really like using any of them for his formula and definitely won't have it at night. But I found these Nuby sippy cups that are shaped more like a regular cup, and he really likes them. (I've bought like 8 different kinds to see which he would like). They are labeled for 18 mos+ but he seems to like them more than the ones that protrude more and seem like nipples. But he's been drinking water/formula from them all day and loves em! GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • We only let her do it right after meals for a few minutes. We use the straw kind, and she can really get going with it if she were to have it too long. I don't want her to get too much water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. We use a Nuby cup too.......with a soft spout and two handles. I tried putting formula in it tonight along with her solids for dinner. She loved sipping on it, but got most of it down her shirt. We'll keep trying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"