Parenting

"Oh they're so cute! Are they twins?"

DH took our boys (almost 5 and 14 months) to the grocery store today both wearing their Cardinals shirts. Inevitably, some stupid lady asked him if they were twins. Really?! LOL
Marcey
Kaden William 11/4/06 and Dawson Michael 6/30/10
Dawson's first birthday - at the zoo

Re: "Oh they're so cute! Are they twins?"

• LMAO.  If I would have thought fast enough, I would have told her they are, indeed, twins.  Hilarious.
  • I get that a lot. People think double stroller = twins w/o even looking - or same outfit = twins.
  • Loading the player...
  • We got asked that question today, too.  One kid is 4, the other is 17 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ok, I thought people were dumb because I get asked this question all the time and my kids are a year apart (except my son is 36 inches already, so he's the size of a 2.5 year old and my DD is 15th percentile for weight so she looks really petite).

WOW. lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got that all the time and mine were 18 months apart! I get it now because they're close to the same size, but when DS2 was a tiny baby in the infant carrier and DS1 is a toddler sitting up in front of the basket you'd think they'd be able to tell they weren't twins! I think some people just don't think.
    -Sarah, Ryan 10.26.05 & Caleb 5.2.07 image
  • I get it all the time too with the girls, but my girls are just over a year and a half apart and are almost the same size.  I get it even when they aren't dressed alike and always when they are.  I've gotten "are they identical?" more than a few times too, which I always find funny if only because one has blonde hair and the other brown...plus DD#2 is about 3 inches shorter and so many other differences even if they were twins.
  • I get that fairly frequently. They're two years apart and DS is at least 6-8 inches taller than DD. :-)
    AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • LOL!  People are so dumb!  I get that a lot too.  I can understand it now (they're the same height and weight - DD is in the 75th % and DS is in the 10th), but not when my kids were younger and really looked to be different ages. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I think people lack common sense.

I was at the state fair with my best friend and her boys, and I got asked if all 4 kids were mine.  (She was in the bathroom. We had one double stroller and one single stroller.)

Their ages:
    5 years
    22 months
    13 months
    9 months

I'm pretty sure that's not physically possible.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • LMAO - I get that all the time and my kids are 21 months apart but with that age gap, that is just way to funny.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • My mom used to take care of my cousin when we were babies. People asked her all the time if we were twins. It wouldnt have been so surprising, given our age difference of only 6 months. However, I'm a fair skinned Irish girl with blonde hair and blue eyed and my cousin is Chinese, with olive skin, dark brown eyes and black hair. Doh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"