January 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone watching Primetime on ABC?

just turned it on, the little boy wearing dresses. Very interesting..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone watching Primetime on ABC?

• Options
    i'm going to have to check that out.  I'm watching toddlers and tiaras and the little girl is going to dress up like Dolly Parton...boobs and all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am. I hate when adults push sexuality onto little kids' behavior. I'm not sure what I think about the story right now about the 10 year old transgender boy though....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want to see!  The tv in our bedroom isn't hooked up right now because we're in the middle of painting right now and DH and I are watching "Hard Times of RJ Berger" on Netflix in the living room.
  • Options
    I don't know what to think myself. Its impressive to see the parents so supportive though.

• Options

Wow, amazing that at such a  young age he  and the parents realized that he was transgender.  I'm so impressed with how supportive the parents are! 

• Options
    I had it on the channel, but wasn't looking at it. So that was a little boy putting on make up just now? (I have the volume super low so DD doesn't wake up)
  • Options
    I really think no one can actually understand what a transgender person is going through unless themselves are transgender.  It upsets me when someone thinks they are doing it for attention or whatever.
  • Options
    I'm also really glad the parents are so supportive and understanding. I hadn't heard of transgender until recently, but I agree with PP that you can't understand it unless you're going through it. I absolutely agree with the doctor who said something along the lines of "would you rather have a dead son or an alive daughter?" I can't imagine being in that child's shoes if his parents weren't supportive.
  • Options

imageSweetHurricane:
    I had it on the channel, but wasn't looking at it. So that was a little boy putting on make up just now? (I have the volume super low so DD doesn't wake up)

Basically this boy since he was a toddler has acted like a girl. He finally came out to his parents that he feels he is a girl. So they've researched transgender-ness (forgive me!!!) and agreed to let him be a girl at home but go to school as a boy. He was experiencing tons of ridicule and they finally agreed to let him be a girl all the time. And now "she" is much happier and has friends and what not. They're looking into a treatment that would keep her from going through male puberty. 

ETA: it terrifies me that in 1st grade this boy was being called "gay boy". Joshua is in 1st grade and I am not prepared for the viciousness of children.

• Options
    I would have to clobber someone if they called my child that. I was picked on so bad in school....not cool. although, it eventually did give me more self confidence.

• Options

I'm not watching the show, but it reminds me of one of my favorite French films called My Life in Pink.The little boy is freaking adorable..and you just want to smack the adults in the movie..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119590/

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagesistersofjoan:

I'm not watching the show, but it reminds me of one of my favorite French films called My Life in Pink.The little boy is freaking adorable..and you just want to smack the adults in the movie..

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119590/

Ma Vie En Rose!  It's a fabulous film!  It's been ages since I watched it but I loved it.

• Options

I applaud these parents!

DH and I talked in depth before we even got married about what we would do in all kinds of situations. I wanted to know I was having children with a man who would be supportive of any of their life choices or should any of our children be born with a disablity, disease, etc. Especially if something happened to me. He loves our kids more than anything. I know he'd support them through anything, as would I.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"