Eco-Friendly Family
Options

help me get off my ice cream kick!!

I eat ice cream/froyo literally every night and I need to stop. I'm addicted. lol. seriously though, I feel guilty every time I do.....what can I replace it with to lessen the guilt.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: help me get off my ice cream kick!!

• Options

Why the guilt? Ice cream is good for you!

. . . Says the girl allergic to milk who still tries to eat it anyways and always winds up sick. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have been too.  I use nursing as my excuse--hey, I need the extra calories!

But the only thing else that helps my hunger in the evenings is nuts, something fatty.

And since I got an ice cream maker, I haven't bought any, so if I don't make it, I can't have it.  Boo. 

• Options

I don't like bananas, so I haven't personally tried this.  However, my mom and kids love it, so they can vouch for it.  Wink

Whenever my mom has bananas that are starting to get a little too ripe, she peels them and throws them into a ziplock bag she keeps in the freezer.  When she's in the mood for ice cream, she pulls out a banana or two and sometimes some frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries or a mixed berry combo that she buys) and purees it all frozen into a thick, ice cream like concoction that she and the kids love.  It turns into a really creamy, almost ice cream like consistency at least by appearance, and it works as an ice cream substitute for her (she's on a restricted sugar diet...fruit is ok but adding sugar is not). 

If you don't have bananas that are getting too ripe, you could probably do the same thing with ripe bananas too.  She just started doing this with the last banana or two of the bunch when she couldn't finish them quite fast enough.

Otherwise, just enjoy your ice cream.  Just think of the calcium you're getting.  Wink

• Options
    My work around is that I eat healthy all day so I can eat ice cream for dinner dessert! It helps me if I have something that's portion controlled but still yummy, like a 110 cal Fat Boy Jr. (They're the best ice cream sandwiches I can find, and instead of being diet ice cream they're just teeny. And cute!)
  • Options
    Popcorn.  I alternate between a popcorn and ice cream addiction. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"