September 2011 Moms
Options

Going to L&D to be monitored... (also on FB)- UPDATED

Elevated BP for the last few days, getting worse (but not horrendous). I have a headache, I'm a little dizzy. I guess I just want to make sure everything is ok. I'm not expecting a baby tonight or tomorrow, but who knows. DH on the other hand, is just about skipping around the house talking about having a baby tonight. I don't have the heart to tell him it could be nothing, it could mean bedrest, or whatever.

So anyway... off we go!

Update:

Well we just got home a little while ago. Baby was crazy active. I was having tons of contractions but none strong enough to get my cervix moving past 1cm. My BP was pretty decent, of course! I did tell them to let me sit up and have them take it, because that's what I do at home. I did have several high numbers laying there though, so maybe they won't think I'm crazy! lol

A couple of my labs came back flagged- my platelets are low- 108, and they need to be at least 150. I may not be able to have an epidural if they continue to be low (not sure the reason on that, will look it up tomorrow). My uric acid came back elevated- 7.6 and they want it as low as possible. The explanation for that was, with my elevated bp, the blood is moving slower and therefore carrying waste from my kidneys less/slower. I think that's what they said, anyway.

I got a steroid shot to speed up LO's lung maturity, just in case. I have to go back in 24 hours, so 12:40am tomorrow. Fun times! Oh well, anything for LO. :)

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
Tessa 7/5/2013
Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

Re: Going to L&D to be monitored... (also on FB)- UPDATED

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"