August 2011 Moms

Olivia Christine is here!!!!

I can't believe my little baby girl is finally here!!

Contractions started around 2:30 AM on Monday... I didn't wake the hubby up because I wasn't sure if they were for real, or just fake.... well, they got stronger and closer together, so I finally woke him up around 4:00.  By the time we headed to the hospital around 5:30, they were around 1 minute long and 3 minutes apart.  

They had me walk around the halls for a little bit, since I was still only 1 cm when we got there... the walk must have helped, because my water broke in the middle of the hallway (thank goodness for the jumbo-size pads they have you wear!).  Went back to the room, got checked again, and was at 3 cm (which still wasn't that impressive, but at least it was progress!)

I planned on no medications at all during labor, but once they had to start the pitocin, I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the pain... I decided on IV pain meds at first.... although looking back now I wish I hadn't, because I was acting like I had been out at the bars all night... talk about weird feeling... I was saying all kinds of weird things that even after I said them I realized " what the heck did I just say?".  Contractions got a lot worse, and the pain meds wore off... made it to 9 cm and everything stalled.. contractions were still super-close together and super strong... The doctor gave me two options: try something stronger for the pain and try to relax my body so we could dilate all the way, or wind up with a c-section.  Option one sounded pretty enticing at the time, so they gave me a shot of something (to be honest, I was in so much pain I don't even remember the name of it).  Essentially it gave the effects of an epidural, without the epidural.  

I was so comfortable after, I was able to take a little nap.  When I woke up, I was fully dilated!  After about 45 minutes of pushing, out came our little princess at 7:58pm.... 7 lb 11oz, 21 in...  The most amazing part of it all was that the doctor let me reach down and pull her out the rest of the way... what an incredible experience!!!!  Even though I did need an episiotomy, everything went pretty smoothly!  We're so happy to finally be home....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Olivia Christine is here!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"