March 2012 Moms
Options

vent!!

DH and I decided we weren't going to tell anyone until after the first tri. We ended up telling my immediate family but haven't told his. We were planning on doing that this weekend. For reasons too long to list, I ended up having to tell my boss. I swore him to secrecy and he did okay for about a week. Well today he was giving a speech to about 75 - 100 people and completely OUTED me!

I'm sure in a couple of months this will be a hilarious story but tonight I want to FREAKING KILL HIM!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagePregnancy Ticker

Re: vent!!

• Options

What is with bosses outing people??  This is the second or third one I've read (on different boards).  I do not think of pregnancy as a medical condition - I'm pregnant, not sick thank you - but in this instance it should be treated as such.  What you tell your boss in confidence should be kept that way.  And would s/he go tell the rest of the office the rest of your medical history??  Sorry this is a huge pet peeve of mine!

Grrr....  This makes me thankful for my boss!  I told her at 5 weeks (for quite a few reasons) and she didn't tell a soul.  I even work with my two sisters who didn't know yet and she never slipped once.  I told her after we heard the heartbeat she could tell the world, and she did Smile  You would think it was her grandbaby she is so excited!

BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • Options
    My boss did this to me as well. This was a private thing that i wanted to share in person. We were at a charity event, and i know she's happy for me, but i didn't want her to do it. We were throwing a golf outing and at the dinner, infront of about 170 people including 30 patients (some that i didn't get to tell yet). She told everyone i was going to be a mom. Everyone at work knew, i just didn't want to share with strangers that didn't care about me. It wasn't about me at all. It was supposed to be about our patients. And i was so mortified.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"