Success after IF

What sort of things do you let your kids "get away with"

I am not talking about the big stuff.  But silly things that, well, I guess they are not really getting away with anything.

My thing is - Cora does not like to take off her shoes.  So, she sleeps in them. :)

She takes a bath every other night, so sometimes she is wearing the same shoes (usually crocs) for 2 days straight.

What are yours?

Re: What sort of things do you let your kids "get away with"

• imageMyColonyNJ:

My thing is - Cora does not like to take off her shoes.  So, she sleeps in them. :)

This just totally cracked me up!!

• DD is currently sleeping with a plastic mat from her play doh set (it's never been actually used with the play doh :) ). The other night she slept with a comb.

Also, at mealtimes she insists on switching forks/spoons with me. These days, I often eat my dinner with a Gerber toddler fork :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLBR_NJ:
    imageMyColonyNJ:

This just totally cracked me up!!

me too!  I just laughed out loud.

Garrison doesn't like to keep her shoes on and I hate bare feet. I hate feeling like there is dirt on my feet and of course, I feel like it could be dangerous.  But, I let her take them off.  I know to most people this is not getting away with anything, just not giving in to my neurosis but that's a big one for me ; ) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Standing up on the couch. 

It is a huge battle, and I just don't have the energy right now.

She always tells me "I tareful, Mommy!!"  and I just let her do it.

:::hangs head in shame:::

• imagesasa625:

DD is currently sleeping with a plastic mat from her play doh set (it's never been actually used with the play doh :) ). The other night she slept with a comb.

Also, at mealtimes she insists on switching forks/spoons with me. These days, I often eat my dinner with a Gerber toddler fork :)

the fork thing is so funny.  Cora like to sleep with a glad left-over container, you know, the cheapy tupperware lol

• imageMyColonyNJ:
    imagesasa625:

DD is currently sleeping with a plastic mat from her play doh set (it's never been actually used with the play doh :) ). The other night she slept with a comb.

the fork thing is so funny.  Cora like to sleep with a glad left-over container, you know, the cheapy tupperware lol

Toddlers are so strange :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yours totally cracks me up!

The biggest thing is eating while walking around the house.  I try my darnest to get him to sit in his booster chair, and if Blues Clue's is on the TV I'm usually successful, but sometimes he's not having any of it.  Or he's just playing so nicely by himself that I don't want to stop him.  Or heck, I admit it, I'm tired and lazy!  So many times he eats French Fries, tater tots, cheese and rice cakes while playing with his cars in the living room! 

• LOL - Cora is too funny!

Griffin used to be like that-  he LOVED wearing shoes - and we often let him sleep in them, too! He still loves shoes and will sometimes ask to wear them for no reason in the house... just b/c. I think he gets it from me- i have always loved shoes since i was little.  If she and Griffin ever marry and have kids - OMG- they'd be total shoe whores! :)

We let Gibby get away with carrying around his "toy of the week"... he gets attached to something and has to hold it ALL DAY LONG... sometimes for a few weeks at a time... hence, why you see him holding a rino and elephant in the photos at Sesame Place :)  He's good about not losing them- b/c he rarely puts them down- so we let him bring them anywhere we're going.

We let Gibby get away with stealing veggies off of Gray's plate - b/c Gray will never eat them anyway (we just put them there hoping maybe one day he will)... and Gibby loves them... and we end up giving the meat off of Gibby's plate to Gray :)

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Standing on the couch.  I'll say "Be careful, don't fall" or I'll even say "Sit down" , but I don't battle him over it.  
  • Jordana demands to wear her pink crocs (they are mary jane crocs) all the time! Most nights she ends up sleeping in them so I force her to let me wash the down before bedtime!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"