TTC after 35
Options

2ww

Does anyone else BD during the 2 ww (EOD) or do you just take a break? I'm curious only because I had plans of BD during the entire cycle EOD, but I'm kinda tired. I only have this month and next month before we have to call it quits and I don't want to lose my chance. At the same time, I don't know if I can keep it up. How do you handle it?
~ Married 14 years and counting ~
Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
IAmPregnant Ticker
BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d

Re: 2ww

• Options
    We basically only do it on specific days when I know I am gearing up to O.  We usually aim for the day before the OPK, day of the OPK, and day of O.  Other times of the month, we just go with it when the mood hits.  Sometimes we go weeks at a time without doing it, other months we've done it 3-4 times a week.  It mostly just depends on how tired DH is, since my libido is definitely higher than his!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We played it by ear before TTC, of course, and my libido is usually higher than DH (like you). Maybe it's because I've just started back to work, and I'm so tired. It's been two and a half weeks since I've been back after being out all summer. Last night, I could NOT keep my eyes open. Normally, he begs off because he's tired. He's been really willing lately though... REALLY willing. I don't know what's got into him. It's just weird that I can't keep up with him.

Also, I just read that it's not a good idea to orgasm (tmi, sorry) during the 2ww. I don't know if that's bunk or not. The article said pelvic rest is recommended for implantation. Just thought it was interesting to note. Gives me a reason to not feel bad about being too tired.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejennasita:

Also, I just read that it's not a good idea to orgasm (tmi, sorry) during the 2ww. I don't know if that's bunk or not. The article said pelvic rest is recommended for implantation. Just thought it was interesting to note. Gives me a reason to not feel bad about being too tired.

So, then, bad sex is still ok in the 2ww?  LMAO. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageELF4321:
    imagejennasita:

Big Smile  I lol'd at this. Thank you!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    imagejennasita:
    imageELF4321:
    imagejennasita:

I LOL'd at this too.  Just thought I'd throw it out there that I was told "no orgasm post ET" for IVF too. So maybe there is something to not disturbing things down there while embies try to settle in....

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    imageELF4321:
    imagejennasita:

Too funny!  Thanks for the laugh!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.McIrish:

Just thought I'd throw it out there that I was told "no orgasm post ET" for IVF too. So maybe there is something to not disturbing things down there while embies try to settle in....

Wow - - had not heard this before.  Then there must be some truth to this whole no orgasm in the 2WW.  Thanks for sharing.

As Elf says......bad sex for everyone!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrs.McIrish:
    imagejennasita:
    imageELF4321:
    imagejennasita:

I LOL'd at this too.  Just thought I'd throw it out there that I was told "no orgasm post ET" for IVF too. So maybe there is something to not disturbing things down there while embies try to settle in....

I think the article was referring to IVF, but why wouldn't it be true for anyone? (If it's true at all.) I hope I have at least one embie trying to settle in... I definitely don't want to disturb her/him. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"