August 2011 Moms

Tummy time

Lets talk about Tummy Time... I know why it needs done, but when do you start how long should the LO be down there... Just curious, every time he reminds me of a bobble head I remember I need to learn about this lol... tIA
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tummy time

• Oh ok, good to know:) thanks!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't start using the tummy time mat until this past weekend, but before that, just on my chest (as pp said).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I do tummy time on my chest twice a day for about ten minutes each. I'll probably break out the mat at the 5/6 week mark. I just started doing tummy time this week (Monday)
  • We just started tummy time on a mat this past weekend. He lasts about 5 minutes right now. We also do tummy time on our chests a couple of times a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started it as soon as his cord stump fell off (6 days). We do at least one session of him on mine or DH's chest a day, and probably two a day on his playmat. He's starting to tolerate it longer now- maybe 8-10 minutes at a time.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We started out on the floor when he was a few days old, though he does his own tummy time on my chest or shoulder many, many times a day.  My LO is very active, so I don't have to encourage him to practice lifting his head on my chest or shoulder. 

When we're down on the floor, I'm down there with him talking to him and encouraging him.  Babies tend to hate floor tummy time, so I find that rubbing his back when he's upset and encouraging him helps him to stay calm for longer.  I also talk him through what he's supposed to do.  I tell him to use his arms and hands to push up and lift his head.  While I'm saying the words, I touch his arms (when I say arms, etc...), hands and head to help him to connect his body parts to the words and understand what I'm saying.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • I started early. First on me, then propping him on the boppy pillow. Now he can lay on the floor and lift his head easily for a few seconds. The dr was impressed today
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"