3rd Trimester

Anyone elses husbands refusing certain sexual acts!?

So I simply said, "hey how about tonight, you do a little somethin somethin for me."  Sex is getting uncomfortable lately and I figured I've been such a good wife by taking care of his needs that maybe he'd return the favor. I EVEN OFFERED TO SHAVE EXTRA SMOOTH! His response....absolutely not. I thought he was kidding at first, but his face said it all. He said just seeing my stomach as he was doing it would weird him out. My first thought was....so you sticking your manhood inside is any better?!?! The little one isn't going to see you!....I don't get men lol. I always heard of guys getting weirded out by certain things, but never thought my husband would. He did it for me a couple months back, but I guess the new belly is too much for him haha. Any other odd things your husbands won't do??
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Anyone elses husbands refusing certain sexual acts!?

• Um, mine told me a couple weeks ago that it "smelled different" so he won't do it anymore either. I am certainly not going to do it for him either now. It's a matter of principle. Lol Side note, we're pretty sure we're having a boy but I just have to say that you guys picked the exact same names as us. Thumbs up for great choices
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • If it bothers him that badly, I wouldn't do him any favors either. If you don't already have one, invest in a vibrator!Embarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I have the same problem, DH said that the taste was odd, so he would not do it. 

When I was pregnant with DD he refused sex all together around 30 weeks, this time around I am smaller, so I am hoping this won't happen, but the belly weirded him out. Everyone is different, you just learn to accept it.  

Pregnancy%20ticker
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • be happy you are at least having sex lol my DH hasn't slept with me since the first month or 2 of pregnancy and honestly at this point I am not even interested since Im huge (measuring 38wks a week ago) but I feel like I missed out on the fun pregnant sex during 2nd tri, first tri I never felt well. I don't get men, its not like they will hurt the baby (babies), the baby has no idea whats going on either. DH seems to think once they arrive we'll get back to it, ummm ya I dont think so! with newborn twins at home he'll be lucky if I make dinner! lol
  • I honestly think mine is pretty grossed out even having sex with me but just pushes through it lol. I haven't been extra generous this pregnancy either though... I don't know how some ladies do it, I can barely brush my teeth without gagging!
  • Mine hasn't...yet. But i wouldnt be surprised if that changes. I don't necessarily blame him. With all the hormones, stuff DOES smell different, I'm sure it tastes different too, and there's just MORE of it. But pregnancy has made me a bit more demanding in bed in general, so I've been getting what I want in other ways and not really asking lately. 
  • imagesarteratops:
    I honestly think mine is pretty grossed out even having sex with me but just pushes through it lol. I haven't been extra generous this pregnancy either though... I don't know how some ladies do it, I can barely brush my teeth without gagging!

You literally made me LOL. So true, I haven't been very generous either, for this reason.

But if you're still giving your husband favors and you feel like there's an equality issue, bring it up! I'd personally stop if I felt like I was getting the short end of the stick. We ladies hold a lot of power!

• Wow. I'd really be insulted if DH outright refused me, or told me he wouldn't do it because of some silly reason. So what if it smells different? Semen is no delicious treat! You do it out of love, and the desire to satisfy your partner. Not for a midnight snack!

Its been business as usual in my household!   

• Ahh at least you can have sex! Dr said I am not allowed to do anything sexual until after baby is born! I do help my husband but it sure sucks not getting anything in return!!!!!! :( I keep telling him when I am able to he better be ready. I am ok with it now because its for the good of the baby but just wait!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageelledizzy:

Wow. I'd really be insulted if DH outright refused me, or told me he wouldn't do it because of some silly reason. So what if it smells different? Semen is no delicious treat! You do it out of love, and the desire to satisfy your partner. Not for a midnight snack!

This seriously made me LOL! Hilarious. I totally agree.

DS #1 - 11.25.09 DS #2 - Due 11.2.11
  • imageNovBabyX2:
    imageelledizzy:

Wow. I'd really be insulted if DH outright refused me, or told me he wouldn't do it because of some silly reason. So what if it smells different? Semen is no delicious treat! You do it out of love, and the desire to satisfy your partner. Not for a midnight snack!

This seriously made me LOL! Hilarious. I totally agree.

lmao... I agree in theory. However, 1 I'm not too interested these days but when I am- I'm sure as hell not looking for that to cure my issues and he knows it's not about him or his needs he better have the clock on myside of things or he better figure out another way to cure the issue at hand... ( wink wink) So I think with that said DH is secretly thrilled that he hasn't been asked or directed for that per say.

imageBabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have gotten the old " I dont want to poke my kid's eye out, or dent his forehead" b.s though...
    imageBabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm on the opposite end of this one. DH would want sex of any type every night if he knew I was into it, and he likes the pregnant body--isn't even weirded out by new smells/tastes or leaky colostrum--but I've been so tired for the past several months that it's all I can do to agree to it once a week. Plus feeling LO thrash around during foreplay makes me anything but horny.

Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones and should just suck it up (ha!) and give the guy what he wants more often.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• I still get my monthly brazilian waxes, more so for me than him, but I always hope that will entice him to do something special for me, but nooooo! But when I think about pregnant women and all their discharge issues, I wouldn't do it either if I were a guy. But since he doesn't do it for me, I don't do it for him. It's a give some, get some situation in my world! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Frankly, the last thing I want is him, *ahem* nosing around down there.  We still have a wonderful sex life but I've taken that off the menu for now.  I'm not comfortable with the constant discharge and swelling of my vag, I don't want him examining things too closely.
  • I have no advice or comment about sexual acts other than.... Been out of the game since week 20 :( No sexual activity at all going on around here.

• I envy you that you can enjoy it!  DH has been really good when it comes to sex, he is up for it any time any way, and he has been really understanding that for most of my pregnancy I have had no desire to do it at all.  I mostly do it for his sake.  But at this point I am so huge we can't find any position that is comfortable.  He tried to... please me in other ways... but I couldn't even enjoy it because I couldn't find a position to lay in that was comfortable enough to just enjoy what he was doing.  
  • LMAO!!!  I realized some weeks back that I didn't think I wanted him to go downtown anymore for the very reason of the discharge, swollen twinkie vag, and possibly missed hairy spots from my blind shaving jobs. Big Smile  But the other morning he surprised me and went for it and it was so good, I almost forgot I was even pregnant.  LOL!  Sex has went down to once a week because DH has those visual issues too but I'm cool with that because I still have my occassional "party for one please!".

• My husband finds me even sexier with the bump.

He's either really sick or really sweet.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • imageelledizzy:

ok - This is completely how I feel too (LOL @ the midnight snack!) 

Nearing 34 weeks sex has definitely slowed down because I get terrible contractions if I'm *too* active during sex. Other than having to convince him that I'll be more careful, things carry on as usual. I'm very thankful that my hubby hasn't given excuses for not giving me a little somethin' somethin' down there.

• I don't feel comfortable with him going downtown with all the wierd things going on down there...but I dont think he would even if I asked him to. He started protesting sex at the start of 3rd trimester, and at first I was a little upset about it. Since then, he managed to get over the huge belly and give it up a couple times but it isn't the same anymore. Sex just isnt as comfortable for me. This belly sure does get in the way of things!
  • Mine won't have sex of any kind with me. We haven't done it in about a month, and this will continue until after LO is born. Honestly, he mentioned being "willing" to go down town, and I'm the one who vetoed that. Just like regular stuff seems to give him the heebie jeebies, the idea of that just weirds me out.

Ah, thank goodness for ice cream..;o)

• We haven't had sex in ages. It's more because of me than him, though the other day I tried to talk him into it to get labor going, and he was like "No honey, I don't think that's a good idea".

I basically fell asleep five minutes afterward, I think he was right, sex wouldnt have been a good idea. 

• imagejenbarker99:

I'm on the opposite end of this one. DH would want sex of any type every night if he knew I was into it, and he likes the pregnant body--isn't even weirded out by new smells/tastes or leaky colostrum--but I've been so tired for the past several months that it's all I can do to agree to it once a week. Plus feeling LO thrash around during foreplay makes me anything but horny.

Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones and should just suck it up (ha!) and give the guy what he wants more often.

Im happy to hear im not alone... I couldnt be bothered to put out anymore.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"