Parenting

Well, THAT was a bit creepy...

I threw a bunch of stuff out on the side walk & listed it as free on Craigslist.  Then Ethan and I went about our day.  About 10 minutes ago, some woman knocked on my door to complain that the items she wanted were gone already (um. I'm sorry.) As she was kvetching about that, she was peering over my shoulder inside my house, I'm guessing to see if there was anything IN my house she wanted, ans asking me if I was giving anything else away.  Then she started looking at E's riding toys on the front porch and asking me if I was going to be getting rid of any of those things.  Um. No, or they'd be on the side walk with everything else.  Stop asking me to just give you my stuff! LOL

Guess I'll be bringing all of E's toys inside the house tonight.   Glad we're moving in 2 days. 

Re: Well, THAT was a bit creepy...

• that is totally WEIRD!!

similarly...I have neighbors that moved out, and they left a dresser on their curb that I am dying to grab to put in my garage to paint and hold our mess of shoes- but Im too embarrassed to be absconding with my neighborhood trash.

but I keep eyeing it...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ok, I will never list my address on Craig's List. That is super creepy!
  • Loading the player...
  • When I helped DH move out of one of his grad school apartments in Sunnyvale, we posted on CL that stuff -- old ratty furniture, etc. -- was going to be available for free. We put the free stuff out by the curb, and then started taking the trash down to the dumpster.

Literally, stuff disappeared between one trip and the next while we took 30 seconds to bring the next load out. And people who saw us moving stuff started going through the trash bags after we left them in the dumpster, taking thing like a deflated football, broken chairs, etc. 

CL cruisers can be crazy.

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Yikes!  No more posting your address on CL!

Anytime we've set stuff on the curb-- even our old recalled, broken crib missing the hardware, or the 10 year old peed-on mattress-- it's gone within minutes.  Makes me sad that someone needs the stuff so badly that they're willing to take it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"