Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

fever and rash after 12 month immunizations

My LO got his MMR and varicella vaccines at his 12 month appointment last Monday. He developed a 103.5 temp and also has a rash on his torso, that has come and gone a couple times today. From what I've read, this is normal? Please reassure me. Thanks in advance. Luckily, the fever is coming down with ibuprofen. 

Re: fever and rash after 12 month immunizations

• It is a reaction that can occur due to the immunizations.  DD had a fever and a rash 10 days after her immunizations.  I will tell you that DD's rash started on her torso and within the next few days it spread to her entire body.  It was horrible and lasted for about a week.  That does not happen to every child, just wanted to give a heads up. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call your Pedi and ask them. I don't have experience with that myself. My LO would get a fever for maybe 2 days after shots. To be on the safe side, just ask the doctor about it, they'll know whether it's a true concern or not. (:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The rash may be roseola.  It usually is accompanied by fever and rash on torso.  It is fairly common to have these side effects after 12 month shots, but you should still call the peds to let them know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"