August 2011 Moms
Options

Let's try this again: Nnamdi is Here! (Long with Pics)

0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Sorry ladies for the repost. My computer went crazy and it deleted my first post.

Let's try this again. 

Hi Ladies;

It has been an amazing and life -changing week. Our miracle baby Nnamdi is here!  Here is my birth story.

Nnamdi (pronounced IN-NAM-DEE, it is Nigerian (Ibo) it means ?Your Father is Always There?) was born on 8/24/2011 at 9:29pm. He weighed 8lbs. 13 oz.  I went in for a scheduled induction on Tuesday evening.  8/23/ 2011. I was 40 weeks. My doctors and I decided this was best due to my GD. We wanted an induction so I would be able to deliver vaginally and avoid doing a c-section.

DH and I arrived at the hospital at 5pm on 8/23.  Upon my arrival, the nurses placed Cervidil (medicine inserted into the cervix to thin out and help dilate cervix) at 6pm.  I was no longer allowed solid foods after midnight. After 12 hours (6am) the nursed checked my cervix and lucky me it was still closed.  At 7am my OB came in a checked my cervix and guess what, it was still closed and NO CHANGES AT ALL! My Doctors started me on Pitocin, hoping that the contractions will help my cervix open, even if only a centimeter. Then they would be able to break my bag of water, in order to help my labor process along. HAHA!! Wishful thinking!!

Throughout the morning I had irregular contractions. When I did get checked periodically there was no cervical change.  By the afternoon, my contractions were regular, however, still no cervical change. Late afternoon into the early evening I started having full-blown contractions but made  (you guessed it) NO CERVICAL CHANGE. So here I am laboring in pain and hungry with no results.  At 7:45pm my OB did her final cervical check. My cervix was still closed. At this point we decided that a c-section was best option. The doctors immediately stopped the Pitocin. I was relieved because the contractions stopped. My DH was amazing and supportive throughout all of this.   At 8:35pm, I was rolled in first, without DH into the OR to get prepped. The only scary part was the epidural. The numbing medicine gives a brief burn-like sensation upon entering the body.  The actual medicine feels like crazy pressure entering your back. It gets to almost the point that you want to say STOP and then it does.  I was laid  down on the operation table and began to feel a warm tingle in my legs. Then my legs felt heavy. I was asked to move my toes and I could not move them. The OB did pain checks before actually starting the c-section. You will be able to feel people touching you, feel pressure. However, you should not feel any sharp and painful sensations. DH entered the OR and we were talking. We both realized that we were finally going to meet our son within the next few minutes.

At 9:29pm Nnamdi was born.  He cried right away.  He is healthy with no complications. It was amazing experience ever.  We are so in love with our little miracle. We are truly blessed.   I can?t believe that he is already a week old.  Good luck to mommies still waiting to meet their little ones.  Here are some pics of our miracle!

Thanks for reading and allowing me to share.

LOVE! by soblessed2011, on Flickr 

Cutie Putiee!!! by soblessed2011, on Flickr

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg

Re: Let's try this again: Nnamdi is Here! (Long with Pics)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"