Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

How old was LO when you gave them peanut butter?

This is one of the few things DD hasn't had.  Just wondering what the norm was. 

Re: How old was LO when you gave them peanut butter?

• Options

12 months

It seems like most of the ladies on here are around that age too, with some exceptions due to allergies and stuff.

• Options
    Just recently
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS had major skin issues since about 4 months old, so he was tested for allergies and was negative for peanuts.  The doctor told us around 9 months we were good to give it to him if we felt he could handle the texture.  We held off until about 12 months.  He loves it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    7 months. No allergies of any description in either family.
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

How are you giving peanut butter?  I'm at a loss on how to introduce it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    DD was about 13 months. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I asked at our 12 mo appointment and our pedi said he could have 1 finger-nail worth size amount at first. 

We actually haven't given it to him yet, he is 14 months.  I do plan to give it soon, however - just at first to see if he can handle the texture.  I will probably put a little on crackers to start. 

• Options
    She was about 11 months, by accident.  Her friend kindly shared his pb & j sammy with her before we could stop him.  We gave it to her again a few weeks later and all was fine. 
  • Options
    10 months.  DD has been slow to gain weight and the pedi told us to go for it.  Right now her morning snack is half a peanut butter sammy and some peanut butter mixed with applesauce by spoon.  I feed her with one spoon and she tried to feed herself with the other.  It is tough for her to feed herself the peanut butter by spoon even though she does really well with things like yogurt.
  • Options
    12 months.  No issues here.

image image
  • Options

10 months

• Options
    this is such a great question...I thought we weren't supposed to feed them PB till like 2 years old, but after reading everyone's answers, maybe I'll let DD try it tomorrow!  Can't wait!  It's my favorite!  She's going to love it.
  • Options
    We gave it to our youngest daughter for the first time around 9 months old. PBJ has consistently been a favorite of hers ever since. Mine too!
    My blog! Our kids: Natalie 6 Colton 4 Adelyn 1 1/2 Easton Si Hu (in Korea) 1 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We started giving DS peanut butter around 12-13 months.  I gave him a teeny bit to taste to make sure he liked it first.  He eats PB&J for lunch quite often.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    I introduced it to DD just the other day. I put peanut butter and jelly on an english muffin and cut it up. She loved it! Well... actually she fell asleep in her high chair while eating again, but before she did that I could tell she loved it! No reaction for her either. Not too surprised on that one. No allergies on my side.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We did 2 years with DD1. The recommendations changed, and the new research now shows that holding off on introducing allergenic foods doesn't decrease the risk of allergies. We gave DD2 peanut butter shortly after she turned 1.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    imageLuckyLizzie:

I give it to DS the same way I eat it. Either in a sandwich with banana or spread on toast. I give him the smooth, salt and sugar free version. Basically it's just roasted peanuts and vegetable oil.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageLuckyLizzie:

PB&J. We also put it on toast or waffles. DH made ants on a log and Grant ate the peanut butter and raisins off the top. Really, he eats it pretty much any way we do.

• Options
    12 months after her 1 yr appt and was ok'd by pedi. she looooves it! Party!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"