Babies: 3 - 6 Months

5 Months old -- How much formula?

LO drinks a 6oz bottle (formula) every 3 hours.

She has one helping of rice cereal/day; about 2-3 tablespoons.

This afternoon she was hungry for more, so I gave her another 2oz of formula (total 8oz).

Just curious, how much are your 5 month olds eating.

p.s. just started STTN. She is in the 80th % for h/w

Re: 5 Months old -- How much formula?

• We are at 6 oz of formula every 3 hours. I offer him 8 oz before bed and he happily takes it.

We do a fruit or veg once a day and sometimes a little oatmeal mixed in.

At 4 months he was 75% for height and weight 

• 1- 8oz bottle2- 5oz bottles2- jars of baby food 
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter isn't 5 months old yet...but I figured I would let you know how much she eats.

She eats 6 - 7 ounces 5 times a day (every 3 hours).

She also eats 2 ounces of solids mixed with 2 (ish) tablespoons of oatmeal for dinner.

She just started eating 1 ounce of fruit mixed with about a half a tablespoon of oatmeal in the morning.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She'll be 5 months old on Monday. She takes 32 oz of forumla a day. She eats 5 times. One 8 oz bottle and four 6 oz bottles. We give her one serving of brown rice cereal a day, but she doesn't even finish 1 full tablespoon. Of course, today was only day 3 of cereal..

She has been STTN for a while. She's in the 95th %ile for both weight and height, and she has been (between 90 and 95) since she was born.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageOwenbycm:
    1- 8oz bottle 2- 5oz bottles 2- jars of baby food 

Your baby is only taking 18 oz of formula a day? I am curious as to how much s/he weighs.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• DD is a big baby and in the top 90th percentile for weight and height.  She eats 4-6oz, 5x per day, but she isn't consistant about the number of hours between bottles.  She also gets 2 solid meals a day - breakfast of fruit/cereal and a veggie lunch.
  • imageSarahL77:
    imageOwenbycm:

Your baby is only taking 18 oz of formula a day? I am curious as to how much s/he weighs.

I was surprised by this too. At 5 months they should be getting most of their nutrients from bm/formula. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • About a month ago DD drank about the same about as your LO.  Now she drinks four 7-8 oz bottles a day, and has one container of baby food in the evening.  She is in the 50% for weight, and STTN.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yikes, am I the only one who hasn't started solids? I'm surprised how much baby food some are eating already! I guess I should introduce some soon.

LO takes 6oz bottles every 3 hours or so. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

VOTE on my Name List

• imageSarahL77:
    imageOwenbycm:

She was right on track for weight and a little above average for height at her 4 month appointment. I haven't checked her exact weight recently but I believe she is between 17-18lbs. She was eating 8oz of formula + a whole jar of baby there for awhile, but would spit up a lot afterward. She makes up for the calories with the solids. 

• imageOwenbycm:
    imageSarahL77:
    imageOwenbycm:

She was right on track for weight and a little above average for height at her 4 month appointment. I haven't checked her exact weight recently but I believe she is between 17-18lbs. She was eating 8oz of formula + a whole jar of baby there for awhile, but would spit up a lot afterward. She makes up for the calories with the solids. 

*baby food 

• My LO is in the 75th for H and off the charts (but on the correct curve) for W -- same stats as when she was born.

She eats 6 ounces at a time. They have been getting farther apart -- I guess now it's like every 3-5 hours, but more toward 5. I just started giving her rice in the morning -- she eats maybe a couple teaspoons. So our LOs seems to be on the same track.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"