Cloth Diapering

I'm in love!

I knew I wanted to try cloth diapers since I was pregnant. Everyone I knew discouraged it, saying things like "Well, that will last a week...". I finally bought some from a friend and I am so in love with them!

My plan was to only do cloth diapers part time, but I love them so much we are now doing them full time! I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to try them. I've been wasting so much money on disposables for so long, I could have saved so much money!! Even my DH who was not a fan of the idea of trying out cloth diapers is also in love with them!

Sincerly, 

A now very pro-cloth diaper momma!

Re: I'm in love!

• I wasn't exactly encouraged either, but I love it AND many of my family who said "gross" love them too!!! It can be addictive.
  • I was the same way as you. I finally got a trial and really regret not starting sooner. I've only been doing it about 3 weeks and LOVE it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I have to make sure not to come on too strong about how great CDing is to pg moms! I'm so lucky to have mom friends who were already CDing, so it wasn't so scary.

We started CDing when DS was 2 weeks old, and I don't think we'll ever go back! We didn't get many as gifts, but I love that I have diapers that our future LOs will use as well.

I also love that we don't make any more trash than we did before we had DS, and that DS doesn't have a bunch of weird chemicals next to his skin (and almost never needs any weird, chemically creams slathered on him either).

LOVE! Love. Srsly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • So glad you made the switch!

I'm sad to hear about all these moms discouraging their daughters. I was cloth-diapered as a child, and my mom was totally jealous when she saw the diapers I got. She said she loved the flats, but having a few pockets or AIOs would have been easy peasy!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I wonder how much of the negativity is because so many people only have experience with the old cheese cloth diapers. I know that the old style diapers are plenty functional (my mother used them with her kids), but they surely aren't as easy to work with as the newest models. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"