3rd Trimester

Air Travel once LO gets here

Hey Ladies...

I've asked this on the 0-3 month board but am not really getting any answers.

My husband and I are planning on flying from Anchorage Alaska to Baltimore Maryland over the holidays to be with our family. Lucas will be just over 3 months at that time. Just curious if anyone has ever flown with a little one and if you had any suggesstions or experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Air Travel once LO gets here

• I fly all the time and have been dragging my poor son through airports since he was about 5 weeks old.  Get another seat if you can afford it.  It's safer and so much easier than holding the baby through the flights, esp long ones. .

I stick the car seat on the stroller and wheel him up to the door of the plane.  Sometimes he doesn't even wake up in between flights and I leave him snoozing in his seat.  I BF so that was easy.  I just brought a nursing cover and nursed him before they started moving the plane, strapped him in and used the cover to create a tent over his head to block out the light.

Have fun.  

• Good question.. Its a tough thought huh. We plan on a trip to visit family in thr UK in july next year. LO will be about 9months by then and im nervous about it. Interested to hear responses.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My son has been flying between the UK and the US since he was 3 months old, and my dd has been on 6 flights in 5 months. Flying at a young age is super easy, when they are mobile it is a little more difficult. As they get older bring new toys that will interest them. For babies bring more diapers/food/clothes than you think you will need, and give them something to drink/suck on while taking off and landing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"