December 2011 Moms

work pants and shoes

I'm having a moment here! I'm 5'4 and have to designate pants as those to be worn with flats (I buy short) or heels (buy regular) when I buy them. I work in one of the largest schools in my state and walk on hard tile floors all day and I'm swell just sitting so I know heels are out and got some wedges. I'm trying to be realistic and I think I have to have all the maternity pants hemmed for flats. I don't know why I'm posting this! I'm just finding it so hard to be pregnant and look professional.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Photobucket

Re: work pants and shoes

• I agree. I have to wear suits, and the maternity jackets are so terrible! I dont feel as professional in my maternity clothes. I am however starting to actually feel pretty in my casual clothes. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageirwinkle:
    I agree. I have to wear suits, and the maternity jackets are so terrible! I dont feel as professional in my maternity clothes. I am however starting to actually feel pretty in my casual clothes. :)

I love what you said about your casual clothes and I totally know what you mean!

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a teacher too.  I had a girl tell me today that my maternity pants looked like sweatpants.  Ugh!  I feel so frumpy in maternity clothes!!
  • I am having a hard time finding professional maternity clothes, too. And they are all so dang spendy. I am starting work in a couple of weeks, and I would rather not spend a fortune on clothes I will wear for less than 3 months. 

I can't even imagine spending all day in wedges, I don't know how you do it! Non pregnant me can wear heels just fine, but with the extra weight and unbalanced self I am now, I would just rather not!!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm really struggling with maternity clothes and looking professional too! Unless I want to spend a ton of $$, the rest of my options seem frumy or too casual.  I'm hoping my employer doesn't mind that I'm a little dressed down for the next few months!
    TTC Baby #2 Since May 2014
    BFP February 6th 2015!!!
    EDD October 15, 2015
  • I wouldn't mind spending the money if I was going to be able to wear the pants and tops longer but for September-the first week of December it just seems like a waste.
    Photobucket
  • Hey ladies! I bought these pants: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maternity-Demi-Panel-Twill-Pants/15270426 from Wal-Mart in black and khaki. For $8/pair (and $0.97 shipping), I love them. They're professional looking and super comfortable. I did have to hem mine (I cheated and just used hem tape!), but I wear them every day! Hope that helps :) 

• imageJennaM919:

Hey ladies! I bought these pants: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maternity-Demi-Panel-Twill-Pants/15270426 from Wal-Mart in black and khaki. For $8/pair (and $0.97 shipping), I love them. They're professional looking and super comfortable. I did have to hem mine (I cheated and just used hem tape!), but I wear them every day! Hope that helps :) 

I have those too and I love them!!  They are great and hold up well in the wash.  I also just got a pair of cords from MM for about $15 and they are awesome!  A little too hot to wear right now, but good for next month perhaps.

• imageiluvmylab:
    imageJennaM919:

Hey ladies! I bought these pants: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maternity-Demi-Panel-Twill-Pants/15270426 from Wal-Mart in black and khaki. For $8/pair (and $0.97 shipping), I love them. They're professional looking and super comfortable. I did have to hem mine (I cheated and just used hem tape!), but I wear them every day! Hope that helps :) 

I have those too and I love them!!  They are great and hold up well in the wash.  I also just got a pair of cords from MM for about $15 and they are awesome!  A little too hot to wear right now, but good for next month perhaps.

I've had a pair of brown cords in my online shopping cart at MM for about a week! I found a $4 pair of Old Navy cords at a consignment shop last night, but it sounds like we may be similar shoppers :) I can't wait to start wearing jeans and cords when it gets cooler! 

• I found petite lengths at Motherhood maternity.

Or you could try skirts and dresses?  

• Where are you ladies shopping for maternity clothes?  I don't have to wear suits to work, but I do have to dress professional and meet with clients frequently.  I found nice pants as a Destination Maternity outlet as well as some tops.  I've also found a few nice tops at Kohl's that are acceptable for work.  I am also wearing pre-pregnancy dresses to complete my maternity wardrobe.  As for shoes, I always bring my flip-flops and wear them whenever I'm alone in my office.  I only put my dress shoes on when I have to go to meetings or visit clients.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Motherhood makes great work pants that come in petite sizes...they're cute, comfy, and cheap.  I'm 5'2" and can JUST get away with wearing them with flats, although they do look better with a small heel.  If you're 5'4", the length should be perfect.

https://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=990770044&MasterCategory_Id=MC5

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • https://www.walmart.com/ip/White-Stag-Women-s-Lucy-Comfort-Start-Suede-Mule-Mary-Janes-Wide-Width/16504192

Super comfy and super affordable. I bought some this weekend and they're great.  They are adjustable so as your feet swell you can loosen them, they have a great supportive sole, and have a little bit of a lift.  I work in an office and have to dress super professional and they work great for me.  I'm tall so my pants tend to be short, but even so they still look professional (especially with panty hose, or when wearing pants knee highs).  Walmart has them in black, denim, gray, and brown I believe I only got the black pair to start with but I forsee a pair of denim and gray in my future!

• Thanks for all the tips, ladies!  I just did a little shopping on walmart.com :)

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"