Austin Babies

Neighborhoods on 620?

What other neighborhoods are on 620 towards the Steiner area, but NOT Steiner? Specifically, we'd like to be closer to 2222 and can't quite afford Steiner prices :)

Re: Neighborhoods on 620?

• There's River Place and Westminster Glen, but I have no idea how they compare to Steiner prices. I suspect they're kind of high, though.
  • Thanks - that's kinda what we've been finding, which is frustrating! We could probably make one of the smallest houses in Steiner work, but it'd be a stretch!
  • Loading the player...
  • Westminster Glen is equally as expensive as Steiner.  River Place is all over the map $$ wise - it just depends on what part of the neighborhood you're in.

There is also Canyon Ranch - it is MUCH more affordable (compared to Steiner). 

ETA: Oh.  I totally meant Canyon Creek, not Canyon Ranch.  Whoops. 

• Thanks MMT! Has anyone heard anything about Apache Shores? I'm really not familiar with that area at all...but we don't want to be in something that is equivalent to east Austin! It appears like there's a bunch of nice-ish stuff in our price range, though it's a bit smaller than what we're in right now.
  • We're looking in the Canyon Creek neighborhood.
  • imagelibbyann:
    Thanks MMT! Has anyone heard anything about Apache Shores? I'm really not familiar with that area at all...but we don't want to be in something that is equivalent to east Austin! It appears like there's a bunch of nice-ish stuff in our price range, though it's a bit smaller than what we're in right now.

I have an acquaintance that lives over there and they really seem to like it.  It is VERY secluded since it is such a small neighborhood compared to Steiner or Lakeway.  There really aren't a lot of amenities (that I'm aware of) and you're not very close to grocery stores & gas stations.  Factor extra commute time into your decision - not only do you have to contend with Steiner traffic; you have to *pass it* - or you can go 620S and drive through Lakeway (which is equally bad, IMO).

You know I live up here - feel free to drop me a line any time. 

• There's also Jester, which is closer to 2222. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was going to suggest Apache Shores, as well, if you're open to living in Lakeway (it's a bit of a drive to get to Austin).  Parts of that neighborhood are a bit rustic for some peoples' taste though.  If you're willing to move closer to the 620/183 area, Anderson Mill, Lake Creek, and Anderson Mill West are affordable (They're closer in to Austin and have more of a community feel than Apache Shores).

Jester and River Place are just as expensive as Steiner.  All 3 of those neighborhoods are nice though!

Let me know if you're looking for a Realtor - I am one! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"