November 2011 Moms

My poor puppy...dam* hormones

So this morning I had to drop off my dog to get spayed. Thanks to google maps I ended up taking probably the longest route possible and took me over an hour to get there and so I was screaming and crying at traffic by the time I got there (probably freaking out my dog). So I take her in and she ends up getting so nervous (partially from the talking parrot in the waiting room) she poops on the floor. The woman took her to the back and said "see you tomorrow". Since then I have had the worst seperation anxiety and I've cried off and on all day. I know that getting her spayed is the best thing for her health and for my sanity-- she bleeds alot when in heat and I couldn't handle that with a LO in the house. I just keep picturing her in a kennel there, hurting from the surgery and scared by her environment ( I can't pick her up til tomorrow). My husband laughed when I called him for the 5th time to vent and said he thought I would have horrible post-partum depression (not so funny). I don't agree with him.... but I do think it's going to be extremely hard on me when LO goes to daycare. Sighs* my little furbaby can really get on my nerves when she's here ( she is ALWAYS in the same room as me) but god do I miss her now that she's not here :'(

Re: My poor puppy...dam* hormones

• I did the same thing getting all 3 of my dogs fixxed, and they were all different times, when I wasn't pregnant. Poor babies. Since getting pregnant I worry about them non stop whenever I leave the house for longer than 10 mins. I'm glad daycare won't be an issue for me, I don't think I could handle it.
  • I did the same thing 4 weeks ago. Dropped my baby off to get spayed and started crying in the waiting room. They called later to say that she was out of surgery and I cried again. I cried when I called to check on her that night and I cried when I picked her up the next morning. Then I get her home and good luck trying to keep a Yorkie "quiet" for 2 weeks. She only had 2 of her 5 staples still in when it was time to remove them and that was with a cone on. You will have her home soon and stressing about making sure everything is okay. Good luck!
    Mommy to Acklin James 10/29/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Dropping off my male dog to get neutered was the easy part for me. It was picking him up and he was still partially under anesthesia and totally out of it. I made him a little place to sleep in my room since we had just gotten my female dog two days prior and didn't want her trying to play with him as she was still a puppy. I laid on the floor with him and cried. LO's father thought I was ridiculous lol
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Don't worry, she'll be fine! I agonized over both of my girls getting spayed, but neither of them seemed to notice their incisions really. She's gonna be REALLY groggy from all the medicine until tomorrow most likely, so she probably won't get too anxious. I know our girls got tons of cuddles and couch time with mommy and daddy when the got home for the first couple days. Just try not to stress too much, she'll forget all about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"