Northern California Babies

Early Holiday Shopping poll

I've got the Holidays on my mind and I want to start shopping so.....

1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids)

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then?

3. What do you want for Christmas? 

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives.

Re: Early Holiday Shopping poll

• I've got the Holidays on my mind and I want to start shopping so.....

1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) His big present will be the activity table from Land of Nod - the whole shebang, plus the tall legs so we won't have to worry about sourcing when it's time to raise the table. I'm asking for the Plan City pieces from everyone. His birthday (2nd) is Jan 11 and he's getting a balance bike...if he ever grows three more inches.

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then? The rocking Moose from IKEA - he still loves it. And blocks. Lots of blocks.

3. What do you want for Christmas? I'm getting a macbook and a speedlight.

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives. still working on that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) Age 2.5: train set & dress up trunk & clothes, dollhouse for bday in Feb

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then? 1.5, she got an easel

3. What do you want for Christmas? Nothing really, maybe a day of quiet & no family

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives. Books, soap & candles, Emme's gift to people will be handpainted bags & ornaments (I think). I am buying the soap as a fundraiser to help support a family raising money for an adoption.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas? Possibly a train/activity table.  I'm not sure.  I suck at planning his big Xmas gift -- so far his big gifts from us have been duds and not played with that much.How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) He'll be 3.5.2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then? Kiddo barely plays with 90% of what we got him for Xmas last year when he was 2.5.  He got the car motorbike I posted about all the time and barely ever even sits on it much less "rides" it.  He got a wooden piano, a real drum with cymbals, garbage trucks, and train stuff, plus two or three books.  The books we still read, the rest is barely taken off the shelf. He would have loved the music stuff earlier I think and still does play with the box of music he got when he was 1.5 for Xmas.  And the trains he got for his 3rd bday are all day every day toys.  The hockey nets and gear he got for his 2nd bday were HUGE hits but are now in the closet.  And the push car he got for his 1st bday is still used more than any other "bike" he has (and he has several).3. What do you want for Christmas? I'd love a new camera but it's not in the cards.  I'll likely get something small which is what we normally do for Xmas. 4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives. I have not holiday gift plans!  Sad!  I'm not feeling motivated this year. I am excited to decorate but not shop for gifts.
  • 1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids)

Madison's big present is a balance bike (she'll be 3 in Feb)

Hailey's big present will likely be a stuffed animal or books of some sort.  (She'll be 3 months)

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then?

Hands down her favorite was a ball pit and extra balls to go in it (She was almost 2)

3. What do you want for Christmas?

New toys for my camera (lens, flash etc), a kindle, a spa day 

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll be getting other people yet, but since Hailey will be little, we'll likely be getting some people pictures of the girls.

• Ryan is getting a video camera as his big gift.  He also wants a skateboard.  We'll see if Santa come through on that one.  Aaron's big gift are some amigurumi gnome dolls and toadstoll house that  I'm making.  He wants some magnatiles as well.  

Last year's big gift was a ride on tractor that barely got any use, since it doesn't move well in grass (it's a peddle one).

I would like a loom.  Chances of getting one I don't buy myself are slim to none...

No idea on gifts for others on the list yet.  I ordered my MIL a silk and cashmere scarf this morning and promptly remembered that I got her a scarf last year. 

• 1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) DD will be almost 6 months - we'll get her age appropriate learning toys and books (in Spanish).

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then? NA

3. What do you want for Christmas?  I want a TV for our room. I've always been against having a TV in our room but I think I'm ready for one now.

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives. I'm planning on getting my 3 nieces sleeping bags. Not sure what to get my DH and Mom yet though.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • 1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) DS1 will be 23 months and I'm thinking a train table and/or stuff for his big boy room. DS2 will be just a few weeks so probably just some lovey types of things and anything else we discover that he needs around that time.

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how o ld was your kiddo then? DS1 was 11 months and his favorite gift was a push walker toy and a close second was books.

3. What do you want for Christmas?  A new nice camera, I'll be seeking advice on this soon.

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives. We only shop for the kids in the family and our parents, I really have no idea yet, but I'm hoping to be done next month.

• imagedanandkelly:

I've got the Holidays on my mind and I want to start shopping so.....

1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids)  M will be 2.5 and he will be getting a big boy bed...  I don't know really nothing too big is my guess.  DD will be a newborn and she will get a few little toys.

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then?  M was 1.5 and he got a play kitchen.  He still really likes it.

3. What do you want for Christmas?  Anything to make life easier.  I was thinking about asking to get a house keeper come once or twice.

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives.  I have no idea.  this is why I often time shop on Christmas Eve planning ahead is not my thing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I haven't given the holidays much thought and usually don't shop until after Thanksgiving, but...

1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) DS#1 will be almost 4 (bday two days after xmas) we'll get him a bike; DS#2 will be 22 months and will get a balance bike.

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then? Last year DS#1 got a train table and he LOVED it still plays with it every day. DS#2 was 10 mos and we got him a larger musical train that moves and both kiddos still play with that (even though it's red & green and plays xmas music :-))

3. What do you want for Christmas?  If I manage to lose some weight, gift cards for clothing - Banana Republic, Gap, Anthropologie, Nordstrom...if I don't manage to lose weight, lipo (kidding, I think). A spa day would be lovely. SLEEP.

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives. Haven't given this much thought yet. I never feel like I come up with very good ideas for our parents and brothers.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Prepare for a completely unhelpful response:

1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) Kiddo will not be born yet (but I will probably get something for "baby") Probably some sort of nursery decor.

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then? n/a

3. What do you want for Christmas? uh....a new shower curtain? Boots? I would die for a pair of Fry's Boots.

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives. No idea at all. For DH, I will probably look into getting him Sharks tickets.

I realize that I will be like 8 months pregnant at Christmas, so I should get the ball rolling on this whole gift thing. It just seems SO FAR AWAY!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic My Boys! BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I guess I should answer my own poll...

1. What do you plan to give your kiddo for Christmas?  How old will they be (so we can steal your ideas for our similarly aged kids) I have no idea, hence the poll.  I did just order the girls cute personalized back packs from PBK (on clearance!!) so they'll get those but other than that I don't know.  I was thinking a bike for N (who will be 3.5) but my mom got one at a yard sale so it seems silly to buy another one.  Maybe some barbies or dolls as she's recently gotten into that.  For Addi, who will be 20 months I really have NO idea. 

I may get them a PBK couch since they both love the anywhere chair we have.

2. What was the favorite gift from last year and how old was your kiddo then?  N's favorite was a kids camera she really liked it and played with it a lot...but not so much anymore.  Addi liked books and this little train toy.

3. What do you want for Christmas?   No freaking clue.  Last year I got a Kindle and I LOVE it, but I don't know what I want this year.  I do want an iPad but I dobut I'll get that.

4. What are you planning on giving any other special people in your lives.  No ideas yet, probably some framed pics of the kids....but other than that no ideas.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"