Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

This happened at my mom's house.

Yesterday I had our one vehicle all to myself because I had my once-a-week college class.
I took Abigail to mom's and went to school. After school, I hung out at mom's until time to go pick up DH at work... at 11pm.

So, 11pm rolled around (Mom didn't mind me staying that long because we rarely get to see each other), and I packed up my junk and got ready to leave.

As I was putting Abigail in her seat, I looked across the road at the neighbors house to see their 2 year old playing outside ALONE!! Again, it was 11pm.   

So, as I'm standing there in shock watching this cute little boy playing with the dogs and whatnot, the boy's mom opens the door, leans her head out, and says, "[Son], come in the house." And then she closed the door while he was still outside.
As I drove off, I was just praying he didn't decide to walk out in front of me or something.   

I shudder at all the what-if's in that kind of situation.

And then I had to drive a really creepy back road to go get DH because a store was burning down (there was a propane tank near it, so they closed the roads in case of an explosion).
DH's coworker wrecked on that road earlier this week when he swerved to avoid hitting deer. At first, they didn't think he would make it.
However, he is alive. His elbow and hip are shattered, he has two metal plates in his hip and about 100 screws-- but he is alive.
So I was freaked out about deer. 
Especially with a baby in the car. 
I saw his tire marks, thick and dark, going off the side of the road.

Anyway... I figured I'd share. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This happened at my mom's house.

• Options
    I don't think I could have driven away knowing that a 2 year old child was playing alone by himself outside in the dark. Even if his mom knew where he was. 
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePennilyn Novus:
    I don't think I could have driven away knowing that a 2 year old child was playing alone by himself outside in the dark. Even if his mom knew where he was. 
    Same here. I would have parked in their drive and walked him to the door. My next call would be to CPS. A two year old has no business being outside unsupervised, no matter what time of day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"