September 2011 Moms
Options

Mattress protector??

Are you or did you put down anything to protect your mattress in case of your water breaking while you are sleeping?  Just wondering.  I just put a folded towel under my fitted sheet.  Are you concerned about AF getting on your mattress?
BabyFetus Ticker VOTE on my Name List BabyName Ticker

Re: Mattress protector??

• Options
    We bought a mattress cover that's waterproof/anti-allergen/etc.  They gave it to us at a pretty good discount when we bought our mattress a few years ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm putting a towel.  Someone awhile back suggested putting a curtain shower liner as a cheaper option.  I thought about that but didn't want that crinkly noise when I was lying in bed.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hate to break it to you but if your water completely breaks in bed a towel isn't going to do much.

We need a new mattress set anyways and were planning on buying one after the baby so we aren't doing anything to protect ours. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I want to get a full size waterproof cover because I think it'll come in handy once LO arrives, for hen he has accident on the bed, etc. I haven't forked over the cash yet though.
  • Options
    We have one on our Amazon list... not sure if it's going to be purchased any time soon or not. I want to protect our mattress (we have a Select Comfort/Sleep Number bed = $$$), so I'm thinking of just picking one up at Target to get it over with, just in case. I'd hate to have it on our list on Amazon and have my water break before we can buy it. LOL
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I already had a waterproof mattress pad.  When DH gets sick he tends to sweat a lot.  So I didn't want him sweating through out blankets.  So in the event that it does break the mattress should be ok.
  • Options

I just have my regular quilted mattress pad on there. DH and I are in desperate need for a new mattress anyway so I'm not super concerned about it but the quilted mattress pad has been a good barrier in the past when my little brother would nap on my bad and wet himself--nothing has soaked through yet.

As far as AF goes, my mattress is already tainted with that. I bleed like a pig when I'm on my period (sorry, TMI).

• Options
    We just got our king in March, so we have a waterproof protector on there because of the dogs (a just in case thing).  I have also put down one of those pads you get at the hospital to lay on underneath the fitted sheet (a nurse gave me one after one of my past surgeries).  I would not be a happy camper to get fluid all over the matress.
  • Options
    Put a plastic sheet under our padded mattress pad a few weeks ago.  When we had DS, my water did break in bed and we were so glad that we had that plastic protecting the mattress.  Someone also mentioned putting a shower curtain which is also a great idea.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"