April 2012 Moms

outted... by my optician? wtf.

So, today I went to my optician to order new contacts because I'm hanging on to my last pair of contacts like my favorite skinny jeans.  It's been way too long and I just needed to let go.

Anyway, so no kidding as soon as I walked in, she said,"You look different than the last time.  Are you pregnant?"  I was baffled.  I sheepishly said, "Yes, but I'm only 9 weeks.  How in the world did you know?"  She said she could just tell... then proceeded to tell me how trashy it was to play the diaper game at a baby shower and that I shouldn't do it because, "You're classier than that, I can just tell."

Weird.    

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BFP #1: 1/10/10, m/c: 2/4/10 at 7w4d
BFP #2 - 12/30/10, m/c: 1/6/11 6w4d
BFP: #3 7/29/11, m/c: 9/7/11 at 9w5d
Just started 1st IVF cycle Feb. 20.

Re: outted... by my optician? wtf.

• That's hilarious! And, I agree, that game is just gross.
  • That is really weird.

I got my hair cut today, and I was wondering if my stylist would say anything, but she didn't, other than commenting that my hair seemed to have gotten thicker. I guess maybe I'm not shedding as much since I'm pg.

• Loading the player...
  • Hahaha, that IS weird. My optometrist was one of the first people I told....he kind of looked at me funny because my last appoint I was 6 months pregnant with DD lol (clearly I was overdue for my annual this year). He was polite about it and was kind of like "you have another baby, right?"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageTambcat:

That is really weird.

I got my hair cut today, and I was wondering if my stylist would say anything, but she didn't, other than commenting that my hair seemed to have gotten thicker. I guess maybe I'm not shedding as much since I'm pg.

prenatal vitamins are to thank here.  Once I started prenatals (even years ago), great hair.  great nails.  great stuff! 

• imagejeffsjayme:
    imageTambcat:

That is really weird.

prenatal vitamins are to thank here.  Once I started prenatals (even years ago), great hair.  great nails.  great stuff! 

I've been on prenatals for almost a year, though! I know you don't lose your hair during pregnancy, but I didn't think it would make a noticeable difference so soon. It could have just been unrelated.  

• imageTambcat:
    imagejeffsjayme:
    imageTambcat:

That is really weird.

I've been on prenatals for almost a year, though! I know you don't lose your hair during pregnancy, but I didn't think it would make a noticeable difference so soon. It could have just been unrelated.  

You're not alone! I notice the thicker hair right away, too. The shower drain is clear the whole 9 months. And then all that hair that was supposed to fall out on a regular basis while pg all comes out at the same time post-partum. Then, 3 months later, it all grows back again at the same time and I get bangs. Well, maybe bangs is too kind a term -- more like short wild hair wispy things!

A mother's capacity to love grows with each child. So does her capacity to stress out. BabyFruit Ticker Katie, mom of 3, expecting #4 in April 2012
  • imageSeasTLC:

So, today I went to my optician to order new contacts because I'm hanging on to my last pair of contacts like my favorite skinny jeans.  It's been way too long and I just needed to let go.

Anyway, so no kidding as soon as I walked in, she said,"You look different than the last time.  Are you pregnant?"  I was baffled.  I sheepishly said, "Yes, but I'm only 9 weeks.  How in the world did you know?"  She said she could just tell... then proceeded to tell me how trashy it was to play the diaper game at a baby shower and that I shouldn't do it because, "You're classier than that, I can just tell."

Weird.    

What is this diaper game?
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • imageTeamHayes:
    imageSeasTLC:

Weird.    

What is this diaper game?

The host melts different candy bars in diapers and the guests have to guess which candy bar is in each by smelling and tasting the "dirty diapers."  It makes for pretty gross photos when people get really into it (think dirty sanchez.)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BFP #1: 1/10/10, m/c: 2/4/10 at 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 12/30/10, m/c: 1/6/11 6w4d
    BFP: #3 7/29/11, m/c: 9/7/11 at 9w5d
    Just started 1st IVF cycle Feb. 20.
  • Yeah I think I will be skipping that one.
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • I played this at a friend's baby shower once and I won with a perfect score.  Apparently I'm a fatty who knows her candy bars!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ironically my mom just told me a story a couple days about about her eye doctor when she was pregnant. Apparently everyone told her she was having a boy (friends, etc not the doctor), but her eye doc told her "nope you're having a girl and I'm always right" and she did! Apparently something must change in our eyes?? Creepy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagechelsearosehicks:
    That's hilarious! And, I agree, that game is just gross.

YES!

-----------------------------
    Penelope Lynn 5.8.2009
    Harrison Peter 4.10.2012

Check out the blog at balletandbaseball.com
    click for toddler hilarity
  • WEIRD! And no dirty diaper game. I have been to showers where a variation of the game was played. They played the "can't say baby" game. They passed out little felt diapers as you came in with the admonition not to open it! LOL then they explained that there was a set number of "dirty" diapers (they had just colored it, nothing as gross as chocolate) that would win prizes at the end of the shower. If you said "baby" and someone heard you, they took your diaper (thus giving them more chances to win the prizes) and if THEY said it, whoever heard them got ALL their diapers. It was funny to watch these women covering their mouths going OH NO! I lost all my diapers! And some walking around with them pinned to their shirt! HEHE. It was a lot of fun.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagetonir319:

Ironically my mom just told me a story a couple days about about her eye doctor when she was pregnant. Apparently everyone told her she was having a boy (friends, etc not the doctor), but her eye doc told her "nope you're having a girl and I'm always right" and she did! Apparently something must change in our eyes?? Creepy!

My eye doctor guessed I was pregnant, and that I was having a girl. I went to him because I was having so many problems with my contacts all of a sudden. The problem was that my eyes were so dry. He said that 80% of the time, if you're having problems with dry eyes you'll have a girl. I was in the 80%!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"