Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Paragard IUD

Anyone thinking of getting the Paragard IUD?  I'm considering it because it is hormone free.  The only negative thing I have heard about it is it could cause heavier periods and bad cramping.  What do you know about it?

Re: Paragard IUD

• I'm getting it next week.  I have heard the same about heavier periods. 

Overall, I guess it really depends on the individual b/c I have heard horror stories from some while others say they love it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it and loved it. My periods were actually lighter and I didn't have any cramping problems. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I think you may have to scroll to page 2 of the posts but someone just posted about how they liked it I think.
  • I had mine inserted three weeks ago and so far I love it! I only had a few days of light spotting, no cramping, etc. But, I'm EBF so no period yet.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Got mine yesterday! I am really excited to see how everything goes. But the placement was really easy, like a pap basically. I have had a little cramping since, but was told it will ease in a few days. The pamphlet that the doc gave me said it can cause heavier periods and more cramping for the first few months, but it should ease after about six months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"