April 2012 Moms

who else has a "well, that happened sooner than we expected" baby?

DH and I decided to stopped TTA at the beginning of August, 16 days later I had a BFP. Since I'm in my early 30's I definitely thought it would take a bit longer.

Thinking about it I guess I should be too surprised, though, since it only took one cycle to get pregnant with DS after I discovered a calculator that predicted ovulation. I didn't even know what that was before then...

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~

Re: who else has a "well, that happened sooner than we expected" baby?

• We always said we would talk about having one when we turned 30.  I'm 27.  So ours is definitely way earlier than we expected!  Apparently God had different plans for us!
    image Visit The Nest!
  • I'm 35 so we decided to start trying as soon as we got engaged because I've been on BC since 17.  Engaged 5/20, Mirena removed 6/6, cycle on 6/7 and again on 7/1, BFP on 7/23. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • CONGRATS!! When are you due? I found out we were pregnant on August 17th w/our 3rd. When DH and I started trying for DS (DD is from my 1st marriage) we said we would wait after 6 months of being married to start because we figured the average it takes a healthy couple is 6 months (although I got pregnant on the pill twice but figured with age, I also just turned 30, DH was 33 almost 34,so I thought who knows).  We got pregnant the first month trying (w/opk's, temping and checking cm)....unfortunately we m/c a week after we found out...OB gave us the green light to try again right away, I ovulated 15 days later (only used opk's and checking cm, no temping...I hated temping) and we were pregnant w/DS.  This time we weren't actively trying yet...DH just picked the two perfect days to not be careful (which I knew were my fertile days because I ovulate around CD16-19 and we BD'd on CD 16 and CD 17).  We did want the little ones to be close in age 18-24 months so I guess we were on track...they will be 18 months apart.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • imagemystiandcasey:
    We always said we would talk about having one when we turned 30.  I'm 27.  So ours is definitely way earlier than we expected!  Apparently God had different plans for us!

Its all HIS plan in the end...I truly believe that!

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • imageLina1030:
    CONGRATS!! When are you due? 

Current due date is 4/30 but it may actually be a day or two sooner. My cycles tend to fall slightly less than 28 days (25-27) but I've only had AF 3 or so times since having DS so who knows? oh, and I always knew I wanted 2u2 so we made it with a bit of time to spare. I would have preferred 18 months but DH wasn't ready yet.

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • imagecgillan:

imageLina1030:

Current due date is 4/30 but it may actually be a day or two sooner. My cycles tend to fall slightly less than 28 days (25-27) but I've only had AF 3 or so times since having DS so who knows? oh, and I always knew I wanted 2u2 so we made it with a bit of time to spare. I would have preferred 18 months but DH wasn't ready yet.

My EDD is 4/27 but I think I am a a couple days later than that because they base it off LMP and a 28 day cycle (ovulating o

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • imagecgillan:

imageLina1030:

My EDD is 4/27 (my dad's birthday is on 4/30...DS was 5 days late so who knows when this baby will come) but I think I am a a couple days later than that because they base it off LMP and a 28 day cycle (ovulating on CD 14 and conception date 8/5 when we did not BD until 8/6 and 8/7 (CD 16 and CD 17 with O date anywhere from 16-19 based on previous cycles when I know I O'd and just checking my CM patterns).  I am excited to have 2u2 (or 2u18mos). Good luck!

Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
  • This one. DH and I were on a TTA schedule after our most recent loss so when we were cleared to go, we just did the 'whatever happens, happens' MO.

And sure enough, that was the one cycle that did it! We were planning to go on some roller coasters, partying and just acting a fool for the rest of the year. We weren't planning to be KO. We're excited, of course!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes!  DH and I got married in May. My OB said she thought it would take a long time for me to get pregnant if I even could on my own due to crazy issues with my cycle since I was a teenager.  Needless to say...it did not take very long :)
  • With DD we had decided to start trying the month of our 1 year anniversary (October). Then I got all paranoid about not getting pregnant right away and I wanted to get pregnant within a certain timeline (I don't even remember why)....so we moved it up 2 months and got a BFP first try. Which meant I was pregnant for our "last hurrah" Disney trip and it kind of sucked :P

This round it only took 2 cycles. I didn't chart the first time, so technically both times we got pregnant my first month charting.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yes, I was on FF and charting, reading all the stories of women that took soooo long to conceive.  We conceived on the first month trying!  It was wonderful, but I was trying to prepare myself for at least a 3 - 6 month wait!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We did. I stopped b/c at the end of May and we TTA in June because I had my knee surgery, and we got our BFP the first month. We were prepared for 3-9 months of trying, but were really hopeful for April.
    imageimageimage
  • We did as well.  We got married in June and I got pregnant in July.  I was charting for a few months prior to that because we knew we wanted a baby right away.  Neither of us thought it would happen that quickly though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Us too!  We decided to try right after we got married in June.  So in the year leading up to the wedding I was freaking out reading about how long it can take to get pregnant, especially since I am over 30 and have very irregular cycles. I was prepared for it to take more than a year. But we got our bfp on sencond moth of trying and first month of charting!  I certainly wasnt expecting to spend our first anniversary with a newborn but we are super excited!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, it was our first cycle TTC, and I am 31, so I assumed it would take longer. I took a pg test to talk myself out of phantom symptoms. Turns out they were real :-)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It happened fast for us as well We thought itvwould take us 6 or so months. Our first month we moved then went away fir 2 weeks so my body was a wreck. Thevsecond month we only bd 2 times in fw and voila bfp.
    Kellen 4.27.12 Miller 6.30.13 Baby #3 edd 9.7.15
  • Us.  We were not planning on trying until after DD turned a year.  I found out I was pregnant when she was 9 months.  So yeah....a  bit sooner that we hoped for but not too much sooner.  And we are thrilled.
  • This was a surprise for sure.  We were planning on trying when DS was about 2.  He's barely 9 months old.  So yeah.  We just weren't being very careful!  Oh well, I'm getting more excited about it as time goes on!
  • You can add us to the club.  We got pregnant the first month.  We were aiming for a summer baby but we'll take April!

Honestly, ever single couple I know who approached TTC with the "lets go off birth control a little early because it is going to take a few months" approach got pregnant the first month and had healthy babies.  Every.  Single.  One.  And all, including myself, are women in our 30s.

The one person I know who charted and "tried" from the first month took 9 months to get pregnant.  She got pregnant the month she gave up charting and trying.  

• We were supposed to start trying in October. We were casually TTA starting in July and whoops....first time we threw caution to the wind it happened. We only did it once during the time I could have been ovulating too (I thought I had already ovulated but I guess not). I guess it was meant to be!

Son 4/27/12, Son 10/15/14, Daughter 9/29/16....Baby #4 due 10/09/19!  Apparently we get really bored in January ;)
  • Definitely.  I went off birth control in April and my doc recommended that we wait three full cycles before we TTC.  April + 3 Cycles = July and WHAM!..that's when we got pregnant. :)  When I called my doc she said "Well that didn't take long!" 

I'm 34 and this is my first pregnancy, so I thought it would take a few tries (so did my doc).

YAY for babies! 

• Definitely. Linus took almost 3 years and we were never in a million years imagining we would get pg the first try with this one. So bizarre.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • We also started trying at the beginning of August and got the BFP on the first try...couldn't believe it and still feel a little in denial because I can't believe it happened so quickly...I figured even doing everything right the odds were still against me....it is good timing though so I am pretty happy with it
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Us.  We had talked about starting to try in August/September, so DS and the new baby would be at least 2 years apart (it took 6 months to conceive DS).  I was going to start charting again too (since periods are still irregular from having DS).  Well, that's not going to be necessary because we got our BFP that last week of July!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We definitely did. We were planning to try in July but our plans got thrown off by some medical issues. Those cleared up at the tail end of our fertile window (in July) so we just gave it a shot, completely expecting we were too late and would have to try again in August. 

Well, we were wrong. We feel really blessed to have gotten PG on our first try! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• that happened to me the first two times.  The first time I told DH we had to start trying earlier b/c it was going to take awhile.  Wrong! The 2nd time we thought lightning wouldn't strike twice.  Wrong again.  Well the 3rd time ... let's just say I wish I hadn't waited.  I'm glad to finally be here, but was thinking I would be here a good 2 years earlier.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • I was charting, but we really didn't expect to get a BFP on our first TTC cycle. We are very excited and the timing is perfect for me (I'm a teacher).
    Visit The Nest!
    5 cats. 1 baby.Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We weren't TRYING this summer, but we weren't careful either.  During my high fertility in July, I remember thinking, "Oh, we need to stop this and be more careful now that it will be August." 

I even went for my yearly pap and told the dr that we were going to begin trying NEXT spring.  He told me not to be surprised if it took up to a year of trying!!!

... little did I know at that point that I was already pregnant!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageWildcatPrincess:

With DD we had decided to start trying the month of our 1 year anniversary (October). Then I got all paranoid about not getting pregnant right away and I wanted to get pregnant within a certain timeline (I don't even remember why)....so we moved it up 2 months and got a BFP first try. Which meant I was pregnant for our "last hurrah" Disney trip and it kind of sucked :P

This round it only took 2 cycles. I didn't chart the first time, so technically both times we got pregnant my first month charting.

We got pregnant our first month trying thinking it would take longer from recent pregnancy experiences in our family.  We are headed to Disney on Saturday to celebrate our 1 year anniversary on the 12th of September and I am bummed that I won't be able to ride anything.  We have decided we are just going to relax, swim, and enjoy each other's company.  Normally in Disney we are GO GO GO - I don't have the energy to do that this time.  Any suggestions for our upcoming Disney trip early in pregnancy?

• This one happened sooner than I had expected.  It was our first month TTC and one night was all it took.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Was going for an end of April or May birth so I could use less maternity leave.  God decided even after 13 years of birth control, one cycle of trying was all I needed.  Now I'm beginning of April and completely thrilled.  I have exactly enough days to last through the end of the school year.  I may go one week closer to the end to do records and report cards.  We'll see when baby comes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• I am a teacher.  I just graduated with my degree last year so I don't have a permanent position yet--I'm a substitute.  The perks of being a sub are that you show up, take attendance, assign work, and leave when you're done--no lesson planning, no phone calls to make... it's kind of heavenly.  However, I am also not paid for time that I don't work (I am eligible for maternity leave via government, but it's not 100% pay). 

Ergo, DH and I wanted to plan for a summer baby so I wouldn't miss any work time.  Last year we tried Sept., Oct., and Nov.  When it didn't happen we decided we would stop and try again next time around... 

Well, lo and behold, we had a little afternoon of fun in July and SURPRISE!  April baby on the way!  The saying goes that "man plans and God laughs" and He sure does.  We had a plan but oh well.  haha.  And we couldn't be more ecstatic that it turned out this way. 

"There will never be a perfect time but when the time comes it will be perfect"

• We were surprised!  I was 2 months off BC, but we were using condoms because I was born with VSD (hole in the heart, which I now know is officially closed!) and I wanted to make sure everything was good before we tried.  I had to wear a 24 hour holter monitor, get an u/s on my heart, EKG, and a stress test.  The stress test was going to take 3 weeks because the DR was on vacation.  Well, my hubby and I went on vacation during that time.....but forgot our protection!!  We were like, we're in Napa Valley, it is romantic,...what is one time??  Literally ONE TIME! We used our protection for the rest of the month when we came back from vacation.....and my period was late!  I took a test 3 days passed MP and BFP!! I even took the stress test and passed it without knowing I was pregnant! :) 
  • We had planned on TTC when DS turned 1 b/c we weren't sure how long it would take to get PG. It took 3-4 cycles to get PG with DS. DS turned 1 in June and we conceived in July (first month of TTC).
  • Well, kinda. Since it took more than a year to get DS we thought it would take a while longer. It took about 6 months for this one. And both times it was the first time I ovulated since we started TTC. We also wanted the babies to be about 18 months apart, now they'll be 20 months. Not too bad IMO!

BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was surprised. I went off BCP in June and got pregnant on my second cycle in July. The real shocked was that we only had sex once that month because I was traveling for work! Yup seriously only took 1 time.

I don't know why I was shocked though I got pregnant the first month we tried last time around too. That time i have been of BCP for six month, but my husband was gone the entire time. Got pregnant right the month he returned. 

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DH and I thought "around 30" sounded like a good time.  I was convincced for some reason it would take a while.  Well, we're both 28, and got lucky the second cycle.  I even thought I was getting my period with this cycle, because I starting feeling kind of PMS-y.  But then, the symptoms all went away and I got seeeeriously sore boobs.  No period, no period no period.  Hmmmmm...what's going on here.  When I took the first test, it was a combination of "oh my god, I can't believe it worked" and "if you just listened to your body, you would have known you were pregnant a week ago!"  We were both stunned and scared, but really happy.  The fright seems to be fading, and now we're more excited than anything else!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • Yeah, we were using protection and wanted to wait 2 more years before having another. Looks like that wasn't in the cards for us because here I am.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"