June 2011 Moms
Options

Sad...

I've debated posting this and even wrote out the post once and deleted it because I know I sound whiney but this is my complaining/venting area so flame away if you want.

I'm really sad to go back to work tomorrow.  I am only going back for a month and my husband is staying home with LO so I know it's a much better position then some of the ladies dreading daycare and not having the option to stay home at any point, but I'm still really upset.  I've never been apart from her for more than 2 hours (and that's only been a grand total of 4 times since she was born), so 8 hours plus commuting time seems like an eternity.  She's my little sidekick. 

I think in some ways it's almost harder mentally then if I was going back for good because it's not just biting the bullet and making us all adjust.  By the time we adjust we'll switch around again.  Plus I have to transition to the pumping thing with her getting mostly bottles and then try to get her back to EBFing in a month so I'm nervous how that's going to go especially since we had latching issues in the beginning.  :-(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sad...

• Options
    No flames here girlie!  I remember last time I went back to work I cried for a week.  It was really hard and I totally understand.  That's really cool you only have to work a month.  I am going back Sept. 12th and I am kinda relieved and sad all at the same time.  I really love my job and I have missed my friends so much.  I really hate to leave DD.  DS started pre-K yesterday and that has been so hard.  I feel lost without his constant little chatter. Saturday, my mom took DD for a little while and I got really teary when they drove away.  Good luck and I know it's hard no matter what!!
  • Options

No flames here but I wish I had your situation! I would give anything to only be going back for a month! :)

I think whether you leave them for a day or a week, right now they are just all so dependent on mommy that its heartbreaking to break that bond even a teensy bit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to agree,no flames here! Although I am jealous of you only having to go back for a month too!  It is sooo hard no matter when you have to leave LO and for how long (whether it be a month, a year, whatever.)  It definitely takes some  adjusting, and I am sure you will shed some tears (I know I did.... and continue too!) but just know that when you get home and you see that smile it will all be worth it! And in a month you will be with your baby again! The adjusting will take some time but that to shall pass.  I have found that having to go to work has made me cherish every last little second I have with LO (not that I didn't before, but it just was an awakening to cherish every second of every day!) Good luck! I hope it goes smoothly!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (o6sy)

image    image

My Chart

BFP #1 - 6-2009 - edd 1-23-10 - mmc - discovered by u/s @ 13wks 2days - D&C
    BFP #2 - 10-15-2010 - Baby boy born 6-11-11
    BFP#3 - 6-2013 - edd 2-21-14 -mmc discovered by u/s @ 9 wks - D&C
    BFP #4 - 3-10-14 - edd 11-19-14 - natural miscarriage 4-10-14
    BFP #5 - 8-24-14 - edd 5-5-15 - Please be our RAINBOW!!! <3
    U/S 9-30 - baby measuring right on track, heart rate of 155bpm
    U/S 10-8 & 10-14 - baby is growing perfectly!
    10-20 - 151 bpm 10-31 153 bpm
    11-13 IT'S A BOY!!!!!
    12-11 & 12-18 - 144 bpm everything looked great at recheck of a/s
  • Options

Not flaming, just suggesting you try and look at the bright side and concentrate on the blessings you did/do have.

What I do when I'm dreading something or feel really sad is to allow myself to feel those feelings.  Take some time to sulk and pout a little, then move on and try to only concentrate on positive things like how fortunate I am.

• Options
    My mom calls that playing the glad game.  When she broke her leg, she said she was having a hard time playing.  Yeah, try to look at the bright side!!
  • Options
    Hugs, I know how hard it is to go back to work. I wouldn't worry about switching between bottles and EBF, because we do that every week- on the weekends. :) DD is just as happy to take just the boob on the weekend as before!
    DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

Thanks ladies!  I'm definitely trying to look on the bright side, and believe me I know how incredibly lucky I am to only have to go back for a month.  It's just much, much harder than I imagined.  Of course, when I was pregnant I thought I would be excited to go back to work and be chomping at the bit feeling trapped at home.  Never in a million years did I ever think I would ever want to stay at home.

How things change in such a short amount of time.  It's amazing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BIG HUGS. Leaving lo is hard. How can it not be? Here's to hoping transition goes smoothly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't know how sad I would be about it until a few days before either, so I totally understand. People kept asking me during ML if I was dreading it and I said "No, I'm ready to be around adults, and get dressed every day and go back to work!" Then I cried for days right before and on the first day we dropped her off. Like you said, I just felt so SAD not being with her all the time. It has gotten easier each day though, and it will for you too! 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I understand! I'm going back in October but only two days a week. I feel like I really shouldn't complain since it's a lot better than going back full time, but I'm having a really hard time thinking about it. I'm so emotional and I'm worried that pumping those 2 days a week will affect my supply and I won't be able to EBF anymore. It's hard!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"