3rd Trimester

Hiccups feel like a heartbeat?

I don't know what hiccups are supposed to feel like.  Last night I was lying on my left side and started feeling this weird rhythmic bump bump bump, much lighter than a kick and constant.  So I thought maybe pinched nerve or something and rolled to right side.  It kept happening.  Could this have been hiccups?  I've never felt them before =)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hiccups feel like a heartbeat?

• Sure could! Cool feeling!!! My LO gets them just about every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Its almost like a muscle twitch every few seconds.
  • Sounds like hiccups to me!  It's not exactly a heartbeat, but honestly, that's the closest description I can think of.

I don't know how far along you are, but as baby gets bigger, so do the hiccups.  Eventually you'll be able to see them.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like it to me!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Sounds like you felt hiccups!  Such a neat thing.  :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes!  When I had DH first feel them on my belly I asked if he felt that little heartbeat feeling- that's hiccups!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I started noticing them about the same time as you. They've gotten more frequent for me as time goes on :)
  • That sounds like hiccups! It feels like a much stronger heartbeat in your belly. I started feeling them around this time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like hiccups to me. They're a lot faster and more fluttery than grown-up hiccups, from what I've experienced. Mine usually gets them at bedtime 3-4 times a week. They're quite a bit slower than LO's heartbeat, but yeah, I could see how you might make the comparison.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• This is so cool!  One of the little things I had forgotten would happen during preg. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"