Breastfeeding
Options

BF past 1 year & pumping questions

Hello ladies! I don't frequent this board often, but I have some questions. My LO is approaching a year and I'm starting to think about him weaning. I plan on letting him self wean whenever he is ready, but I have some questions about pumping. I EBF while I am home with him. He is a snacker and nurses frequently throughout the day, probably about every 4 hours, but sometimes more frequently. I pump while I am at work but am wondering what I should do after a year. I don't want to stop pumping at work if it means my LO will have issues when I'm at home. I work 3 days/week and am gone from the house from 5:45 am-9pm. I have probably 300-400 oz. in the freezer. If I stopped pumping at work, I would have to give him sippys while I am at home with him all day on the 4 days that I'm home, right? It doesn't go along with my self weaning.. Sad Please help, what should I do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BF past 1 year & pumping questions

• Options
    When DD was about 9 months I dropped from pumping 2x/day to once a day- no problems with nursing.  Around 10 months I started attempting to drop the remaining pump session.  I tried pumping later in the day, for shorter period of time.  But everyday I was horribly engorged and uncomfortable.  I finally decided to cut down on BFing during the day on weekends, then my body was finally able to adjust.  I gave up the pump around 11.5 months.  I still don't have any issues with DD BFing, but I limit her to 3x/day to keep with my weekday schedule.  If you are going to be at work for 15 hours I think you may still have to pump at least once or you are going to be terribly uncomfortable.  I wouldn't worry too much about giving LO sippies during the day, you can still continue to BF at night and in the morning.  By 1yr LO should really be getting more nutrition from solid foods anyways.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"