3rd Trimester

Low amniotic fluid

Are any of you being induced bc of this? Is so, what is yoru level? TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Low amniotic fluid

• I was induced for this with my last pregnancy. My levels weren't that low, I believe they were a 5 (does that sound right?) but since they were low and I was already past 40 weeks, they induced me.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • What are the risks of low AF?  Cord prolapse is one I've heard.  Does it affect the placenta?
  • Loading the player...
  • My level is about 7 as of yesterday they are not enducing me yet. But they say that's on the low side and im going back Friday and they are going to decideabout inducing me.
  • HOw far along are you? I am also at a 7, and being re checked on Fri.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecottonlily84:
    What are the risks of low AF?  Cord prolapse is one I've heard.  Does it affect the placenta?

Actually, it is usually a problem with the placenta that causes the low fluid. I was induced last time at 38 weeks due placenta issues, low fluid (I think maybe a 5, I don't remember), and restricted growth (IUGR). I think the growth restriction is a big reason they induce. My daughter ended up being a c-section, because babies with low fluid often don't handle labor well, and she didn't. She was born perfectly healthy, but small - 5lbs 6oz. Good luck!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I was induced for oligo (low fluid) and my amniotic fluid volume was essentially 0.  They measure the pockets of fluid in four places in your uterus, and any pocket of fluid with cord in it doesn't count.  In 3 places I had no measurable fluid and in the last quadrant I had 2.2 cm of fluid but that is where his cord was (THANK GOD!).  Good luck to you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had low fluid with DD my 1st child and when they last checked me it was 4.5.  She was breach as well so I was told they were going to do surgery the next day.  I was checked for low fluid with DS 2nd child and everything was fine.  I will be checked again with this baby #3 at 35 weeks.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Expecting Baby #3! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"