3rd Trimester

Full term, nothing happening yet...?

This is my first child and I feel so confused! My doctor said I'm full term at 37 weeks, which is this Saturday, September 3rd. First question, what does that really mean anyways?? My mom said it just means he can come anytime after then....but am I still looking closer to my original due date of September 23rd?....or maybe even after that? He hasn't dropped at ALL yet, which makes me think that it's not even close to him being here! I guess I'm just looking for any kind of answers and advice...I don't really know what to think anymore! I'm just ready to meet my son already and it feels like he's never gonna be here! Sad

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Full term, nothing happening yet...?

• Full term simply means that if your LO were to come now, they wouldn't attempt to stop labour as it is not considered to be pre-term labour. Your LO is fully developped and ready to join the world.

It doesn't mean you will deliver before your EDD 3 weeks from now, many FTM's usually go past their due dates (this was said to me by my OB).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

•  Getting to 37 weeks just means that baby's lungs should be full developed and ready for birth, and that your risk of complications are slim to none in regards to fetal health. That doesn't mean that he will come; you could go past your due date. But if he were to be born today or anytime in the next 3 weeks, that would be fine. The doctor's wouldn't try to stop your labor at this point. Not sure if you're a FTM, but my doctor has said that 95% of his FTM's go past their due date. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It just means that if baby were to be born today or any day after he would most likely be fine. As far as having no progression that means absolutely nothing. You could go from being 0 cm dilated with a baby really high to 10 cm and crowning with in a matter of hours. Just relax baby will be here before you know it and the longer your LO cooks the better.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First time babies are notorious for being late. Mine was born at 40w1d. He'll be here soon. I know everyday feels like a WEEK right now!
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ok. makes sense now. My doctor had my hopes up that he would be coming sooner or something! Yes, I am a first time mom, so I'm dreading the whole going past my due date thing, lol. But then again, like everyone says, the longer he cooks in there the better. I'm just excited to meet him already, and being pregnant is exhausting and uncomfortable, lol! But all worth it in the end.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your story seems just like mine! I am due Sept 25th and haven't dropped yet either. Remember...the original due date that the doctor comes up with is about 2 weeks either way. I think it will happen pretty quick, one day you'll drop and then the baby will come faster than you thought. I'm having a boy also! Good luck! Just hang in there. As my Lamaze teacher says: "no one wants a doughey biscuit". He will come when he is all ready!
  • imageTeacherVicky:

Full term simply means that if your LO were to come now, they wouldn't attempt to stop labour as it is not considered to be pre-term labour. Your LO is fully developped and ready to join the world.

It doesn't mean you will deliver before your EDD 3 weeks from now, many FTM's usually go past their due dates (this was said to me by my OB).

This exactly.  It has more to do with the development of your baby more so than any indication that you're close to labor.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"