Babies: 6 - 9 Months

I'm too pretty to do homework shirt (PIP and LIP)

Have you seen this? 

0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;}

https://moms.today.com/_news/2011/08/31/7539556-im-too-pretty-to-do-homework-so-my-brother-has-to-do-it-for-me

Would you let your daughter wear it? Do you think it's sending the wrong message?  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: I'm too pretty to do homework shirt (PIP and LIP)

• funny to me, but I wouldn't let her wear it because it does send the wrong message

photo 8171fa67-0749-444f-93ec-78250e104e5f_zps37aefc95.jpg

• I would not let my child wear that. It's sending a horrible message.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. It's hideous, and

2. My daughter is going to be the most beautiful girl in the world to me, but she is still going to do her homework. What a shitastic message.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I usually don't get worked up over these things, but that shirt is horrible.  What a terrible message to send.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughters would never be wearing this, I find it demeaning.
  • imagelilbit923:
    My daughters would never be wearing this, I find it demeaning.

You find it demeaning because it is demeaning. 

• It is hideous. I think the worst part is what JC Penny decided to write in the description.

"Who has time for homework when there's a new Justin Bieber album out?"

Seriously?!?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMomlovesEloise:

Ya, 'cause fan-girling over Justin Bieber won't get you to graduation. Trust me, I tried it with Hanson.

• imageSeussicalOne:
    imageMomlovesEloise:

Ya, 'cause fan-girling over Justin Bieber won't get you to graduation. Trust me, I tried it with Hanson.

Haha! Me too!

• Sadly, I could see my ten year old stepdaughter arriving in this :(

It's a horrible thing for a girl to believe - that being pretty is more important than an education.

• imagerimjob:
    funny to me, but I wouldn't let her wear it because it does send the wrong message

This exactly. As an adult I can appreciate the humor but letting my daughter wear something like that is sending a horrible message to her.

• imageTakeLuck:

Sadly, I could see my ten year old stepdaughter arriving in this :(

It's a horrible thing for a girl to believe - that being pretty is more important than an education.

Oh my SD probably owns this.  I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if she showed up one Friday with it on.  It is crazy how hard grease stains can be to get out once they have set in.Wink

• that's so wrong! If I had a DD she'd never wear something like that

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imagerimjob:

imagelilbit923:

You find it demeaning because it is demeaning. 

Exactly. Yep!

• NEVER!!  It is wrong on so so many levels.  

As a "recovering" bulimic, these messages are especially concerning to me.  Why must our culture continue to convince girls that being pretty is more important than anything else!?!!  Makes me sad. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is nothing about this shirt that isn't gross.
    imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • imagerimjob:
    imageTakeLuck:

Sadly, I could see my ten year old stepdaughter arriving in this :(

Oh my SD probably owns this.  I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised if she showed up one Friday with it on.  It is crazy how hard grease stains can be to get out once they have set in.Wink

;) 

*gasp* I would never do such a thing. Like I never threw out the freaking Playboy Bunny tshirt dress that she arrived in last summer... ::shudder::

• Hmm, apparently it got pulled?

https://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfmoms/detail?entry_id=96576

So now it's a collectors item...

• Her teachers will judge the heck out of you if your kid comes to school in that, just so you know... Stick out tongue
  • As a teacher, I hate all these shirts.  Including, my dog ate my homework, sister for sale, etc.  I'm so glad we have uniforms this year.

I also think it sends a horrible message to little girls that being "pretty" is more important than being intelligent. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Klassy!  I would NEVER allow my daughter to wear this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilbit923:

Yep, no way. (blood pressure rising)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"