September 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else without electricity and water?

This is day 4 here in CT without power or water. I think for a 39 week pregnant lady I totally handled it well up until now but this is getting really old!!! Thank god for working daycare, neighbors with a generator who let us shower and Starbucks with a wi-fi.I think what's driving me most crazy is that my perfectly clean, ready-for-baby house is getting nastier with each day and I can't do anything about it!

Sorry - I just need to gripe somewhere since I'm pretty sure yelling at my utilities company won't do anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else without electricity and water?

• Options
    I just got power back yesterday, had been out here in my part of MD since Sunday...Im 38 wks and it just sucked.  Luckily we have a generator so we were able to keep fridge running, a tv and one fan.  We slept downstairs on the couches...lol..not real comfy for a pregger...but we made it through.  Hopefully yours will be restored soon!
  • Options

I'm in CT too.  We got ours back Monday night.  My BFF lives in the same town and she just got hers back today.  I hear they hope to have everyone back up by next Wed.  I hope that isn't the case with you.  So miserable.  We ended up staying a hotel Sunday and Monday night.  DH called it our Hurrication.   Just because it was easier with DS1.  I was really happy that we still have an inside baby.  That would have been much harder if we had a newborn in tow as well. 

Of course we had to toss everything in our fridge and freezer.  That sucked.  But it could have been much worse. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"