2nd Trimester
Options

Very Light spotting

mommies, i need your advise & much needed help..
I'm 15 weeks pregnant, my 1st pregnancy.. & today when i went to the restroom i noticed that i was spotting.. VERRRY VERY light pink. It was only on the tissue.. but it was there.

I've had a little bit of cramping but I feel like its my uterus stretching..

I'm not sure whether or not  to go to the ER.. I cant miss alot of work, they're very picky on that topic & I'm afraid of losing my job.. what should I do??

Re: Very Light spotting

• Options
    I would just call your OB's office and ask them what they feel you should do.  This has been going on for me for about a week now and I've been seen by OB and triage.. no problems found except for infection that I've been put on antibiotics for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageniknak1128:
    I would just call your OB's office and ask them what they feel you should do.  This has been going on for me for about a week now and I've been seen by OB and triage.. no problems found except for infection that I've been put on antibiotics for.

this.  Sometimes infections can cause bleeding, or you could just have a irritated uterus.. or stretching. since there are so many possible causes i would def. call and see what they say and get seen if they think.  Always safer is best!  ( ps. i had dark spotting for like 3 weeks the beginning of my pregnancy until bout 6 weeks, it was earlier on but still, it happens more than u think!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had this happen before, and it can definitely be scary!  I've had 2 miscarriages, now pregnant for a 3rd time and I'm doing well at 16 weeks.

I would say for the time being, just keep an eye on it, especially if it's very light.  If it clears up, I would just talk to my doc about it at the next appointment.  If it gets worse, then call your doc or go to the ER.

I mean, even if you go to the ER, and there's something wrong, they can't do anything about it anyway. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had this on Monday as well. It went away after 15 minutes (and yes, I continually checked) I didn't call the doc cause I thought that it was probably because I over did it at the gym.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Definitely don't go to the ER-- it will be an expensive trip, and this likely isn't an emergency. I'd call your doctor, although they might want you to come in just to check (which could mean missing work). If it were me, I'd keep an eye on it, and if it didn't go away within a day, or get any worse I'd call imediately.

I'm sure it's fine, it happens to many women, but keep a close eye on it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My ob's office said if it's not accompanied by cramping and isn't enough to soak a pad, call us if it lasts more than 24 hours. 

They asked me if I had done any of the following because these can cause spotting:

Sex, exercise, constipation, or straining of any kind. 

If it stopped, it was likely just your cervix getting irritated from something. I know it's hard, but relax and enjoy the ride. 

Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you're really concered call your OB.  Unless you are RH- then they will likely tell you that it's not a big deal and don't worry about it.  I had the exact same thing just 2 days ago... very light spotting.  But because I'm RH- I had to call in right away and was told to go to the ER to get checked out and get a rhogam shot as a precaution.  If you have not had an ultrasound yet then they might want to give you one just to be sure that the placenta is not sitting too low.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"