3rd Trimester

How long..

Do FTM with no complications/smooth pregnancy normally stay in the hospital after the baby is born? I'm starting to plan my Hospital bag and need to know how many undies and stuff to bring.. Thanks ladies
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long..

• For an uncomplicated birth at my hospital, you usually are released the next day. I won't need to pack much.
  • I think depends on the hospital. Where I live we stay 3 days.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With DS, i went home 2days later. But not a full 2days, he was born around 3pm...went home the day after next around 10am
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I gave birth on a tuesday night.  She said I could go home the next day, but the baby had some complications, and had to stay an extra day so I stayed with him.

My husband's grandma told me they always kept her for 2 weeks and encouraged me to stay as long as possible....ummm...no thanks.  My Dr.'s record is 6 hours after birth (her own labor and delivery).  I told her I'm looking to beat that.  ;p

• 24-48 hours is typical for an uncomplicated vaginal birth.

And I wouldn't worry about packing undies. Wear the hospital's mesh panties -- they're amaaaaazing! Seriously. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For an uncomplicated hospital birth, you generally go home 24 hours after delivery. For an uncomplicated C-section, you will go home 48-72 hours after delivery.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I really think it depends on the hospital. For mine, it's 48 hours for an uncomplicated vaginal birth. I'd call and ask your hospital or dr to be positive.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a vaginal birth with no complications on a Friday evening and was released Sunday morning.

(p.s. Just wear the hospital undies they give you. I took a few pairs home too)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 48 hours for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • You won't be wearing your undies. You will be wearing the disposable ones witht he pads the hospital gives you. Believe me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Overnight here.  Meaning if you deliver at 10am on Tuesday you'll go home Wednesday.  If you deliver in the middle of the night you'll stay that night, day and next full night.  However, you can ask to go sooner.  In my area there are lots of mennonites and my tour nurse said they like to go home after the 6 hours is up.  I thought I'd be like that but after pushing a kid out I don't know if I'll mind just resting and someone waiting on me overnight LOL  It's odd though because my insurance company has preapproved me for 3 nights vaginal delivery stay.  I guess some do stay that long.  My sister stayed an extra night because she had her son circumsized. 

IDK about the mesh panties....still sounds weird.  And how can they have one size fits all panties for every shape woman that delivers?  My hospital's pads are awful so I'm def bringing my own. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMereou12:

24-48 hours is typical for an uncomplicated vaginal birth.

And I wouldn't worry about packing undies. Wear the hospital's mesh panties -- they're amaaaaazing! Seriously. :)

Ditto the mesh panties. They sent a bunch home with me and I wore them for days after. It seems weird, but they were way more comfortable than regular panties during those first few days of PP bleeding and giant pads! 

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageforever412:
    I really think it depends on the hospital. For mine, it's 48 hours for an uncomplicated vaginal birth. I'd call and ask your hospital or dr to be positive.

This. But I have heard its not really hospital policy, it is that most insurances only cover 2 days unless there are complications. 

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• As others have said, I think it depends on the hospital.  At ours, after a vaginal birth you can stay up to two nights (but can leave as soon as you feel up to it, pretty much).  After a c-section, you stay up to four nights (and I think that it's more the doctor's say over how quickly you can leave, rather than what you want).

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• I was at my hospital for 2 days, but it wasn't quite 2 full days.

I was admitted at 4 pm day 1 (a Sunday), DD born at almost 11 pm. We were released mid-day Tuesday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my hospital they said 48 hours after delivery for all first time moms.

ANGELA_11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hospital states 24-48 hours post birth on their web site.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"