3rd Trimester

What"s the big deal?

On "Coming home from the Hospital outfits" for your LO? The only thing I can think of and understand is having a keep sake a sort of sentimental thing. I am getting my LO a coming home outfit but my only reasoning is for the sentimental value.. Are there any other reasons to do this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What"s the big deal?

• I just want LO to look cute for pictures Big Smile

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Nope, just sentimental.  Coming home outfits aren't big to me. With DS1, we just picked a very cute Carter's outfit we were given at out shower. Just this morning, I was getting out DS1's NB clothing for DS2 to wear and I came across the little outfit DS1 wore home. I put it aside and decided it's for DS1 only. I think this preg is getting to me...haha. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I live literally 5min from the hospital...literally, i could walk there when im in labor if need be lol. So the comind home outfit is just something to get her home in, take cute pics, and a keepsake. No real purpose other than that.

With DS it was a bit more of a drive (30 min), but it was the cute factor for pics, and a keepsake still.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageowens0410:
    I just want LO to look cute for pictures Big Smile

this

• "going home" day is usually when the hospitals take the babies hospital pictures, so that is why we got a special outfit. If it means anything, I get DD a new outfit (or at least a new shirt) for picture day at school too!
  • Definitely just to look cute for pictures and what not... Plus DH and I bought an adorable onesey that I want to get used at least once! Who knows if it will even fit him....

I would say, maybe in the winter time, or during more inclement weather maybe making sure you are prepared for the conditions? During the winter I would want to make sure to have all necessary bundling clothing. But otherwise, I think it's all around more sentimental.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • With DD we didn't find out what we were having so I just packed a really warm neutral fleece sleeper since she was born at the end of December in MN...with LO#2 we found out what we having so I have an outfit to bring her home in...nothing super special since we will only be coming home but I will have her Baby's 1st Thanksgiving stuff ready to go just in case I need to throw that in the suitcase too.
  • imageowens0410:
    I just want LO to look cute for pictures Big Smile

This!

• It was hot as balls when we took DS home so all he wore was a cute onesie with a matching hat and socks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm excited for the going home outfit, but for no particular reason! Just to look cute for the pictures. Big Smile

• Cute outfit for pictures
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"