Austin Babies

birthcertificates

OK Curious question. I need to verify my baby for a new job. I don't remember getting a birth certificate she is 9 months old.

Someone at work said they don't send them out anymore. Is this true? and if so how the heck do I get one quicker than the 12 to 15days it says online.

Re: birthcertificates

• Go to the Office of Vital Records. It took us 5 minutes to fill out the form, cost $23 I think & we had the certificate in our hands in 3 minutes.

Office of Vital Records, 7201 Levander Loop, Building C, Austin 78702

• awesome thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know if it matters but I thought you had to get one from the county your kid was born on? We went to the Wilco office over there behind Monument Cafe in Georgetown. Good reason to visit Monument anyway =)  That might only be true if you're getting it in a certain time frame though. I bet after some amount of time, you can get one anywhere in the state.

Read it VERY carefully when you pick it up. When I picked up Abby's it said she was Male. It took 3 months to fix that mess.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageTaytee:

I don't know if it matters but I thought you had to get one from the county your kid was born on? We went to the Wilco office over there behind Monument Cafe in Georgetown. Good reason to visit Monument anyway =)  That might only be true if you're getting it in a certain time frame though. I bet after some amount of time, you can get one anywhere in the state.

Read it VERY carefully when you pick it up. When I picked up Abby's it said she was Male. It took 3 months to fix that mess.

Oh I'm glad you said this, I had no idea about that. Here I am trying to be helpful and I probably wasn't at all. Embarrassed

• Yeah she was born in Bexar County. We just moved here 3 weeks ago. Luckily it isn't too bad of a drive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"