2nd Trimester

Job Stress...

I work at a relatively high stress job. I am a public relations project manager at a big hospital system. I am concerned because this past week has been pretty stressful. I have a lot of clients and projects to deal with, and no matter what the clients never seem to be happy. Not to mention that I have a very demanding boss who always seems to be on my back about something. I am concerned that this stress is going to be harmful to my baby. I am already always nervous about things like preterm labor and having the baby before he is viable, and this isn't helping. I was at the doctor today and my blood pressure is fine, but I don't know if I should be calling the doctor to talk about the stress level. Does anyone have any insight into this?

I also have previa so I am worried about anything that could cause any sort of bleeding. I am just a nervous wreck today!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Job Stress...

• If you are feeling stressed maybe take a couple days off. Stress is not good, but its a part of life. I am not sure what you want the DR to do other than tell you to stop working or go to PT. Not trying to be snarky but if you job is that stressful you have to come up with a way to deal with it. Whether that is a long weekend, delegating (if you have staff) or if needed taking leave. It might be a good idea to ask the Dr if they have any suggestions on what you could do to handle the stress. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most days aren't that bad and I handle it pretty well, but this week just seems to be a killer. No matter what the clients are acting difficult. I would love to just leave the job and I plan to after the baby is born, but right now the health insurance is through me so I can't. Grr.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it might be our irritability. I have had customers call in and am just like seriously what a dumb question... then I have to take a step back and be like no its really not. But I get ya. I am in school and working its hard. If I start to feel overwhelmed I just take a break. I have my moments. I think that's normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am probably not a good one to ask about this... and I am in no way saying that this will happen to you or that anything at all will result out of your stress, because some people are fine with handling it!  But, for me with my first pregnancy, I was working 40+ hours a week up until the end and my job was incredibly stressful (I dealt with problem tenants at a property management company) and I know that it did cause my blood pressure to rise..  I ended up being induced 2 weeks early because I had pre-eclampsia.  I'm sure there were other factors that played into that, but I have a feeling the stress was a big player in that.  I wish that I would have just stopped working there (I dont' know if that is an option for you or not) or else told my boss I need help or I'm outta here.  My baby boy is healthy as a horse and everything worked out just fine... it was just a lot more of an ordeal than it needed to be is all.  I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that stress!  That is no fun at all!  Maybe take a few days vacation if you can just to think about what to do.  Maybe your boss would consider an assistant for you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"