Breastfeeding
Options

weight gain

I just stepped on the scale with LO, and calculated the difference- I know its not 100% accurate this way, but, my LO has gained OVER 1 pound in a week. Is that normal??? Ahhhhh...monster baby!  I EP, and she eats between 2.5-3 oz per feeding. Maybe we are over feeding her...???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: weight gain

• Options
    It's not unheard of, especially if LO is having a growth spurt. I think 1-2oz a day is normal, so 2oz X 7 days = 14 oz...
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    What ksulli said.  Also know that BF babies gain weight faster than FF babies in the beginning but it all evens out.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am an exculsive bf and my baby is gaining weight and growing longer sooo fast.  he is only 4 months: 19 lbs and 27 inches the size of a 6 month old. DR. says it is okay since he is a breastfeed baby the sky is the limit. I know he does not over eat since he eats 3 oz every 4 hours. Now that he is bigger he will refuse the breast unless he is starving,  So do not worry your baby is just healthy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"