3rd Trimester

Recommendations for BabyMoon

My husband and I live in Florida and are so sick of the heat! I am looking into a little weekend getaway to a golf resort or BnB to go to either on the beach or in the mountains in the SouthEast for September/October. We just want to relax in some cooler weather. Has anyone been somewhere like this in the NC, SC, Georgia area?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommendations for BabyMoon

• Since no one else has responded.....We didn't go there on a baby moon but Savannah,GA is a great city to visit. When we stayed there we stayed on Tybee Island right outside of Savannah. I'm pretty sure they have B&B's there we were there long enough and it was a group trip, we just rented a house for the week. If we lived closer I would definitely concider it for a baby moon, but DH doesn't like to fly so we have to drive, and we only have time for a long weekend trip. Hope you have a great trip where ever you decide to go!
    photo dca9b006-0f54-4503-ad9d-536560d9d80f.jpg
    Mr C born 10/25/11  Miss M born 9/11/14
  • I don't know when you are due, so not sure if the middle/end of October would be good for you, but being that I am originally from NC, I can tell you that even into the beginning of October it can be pretty darned hot and sticky.  Sometimes it will be nice and cool and sometimes not.  Of course, if you are going to be at the beach, then end of Sept/early Oct is a nice time since it will be beginning to cool a bit and will not be nearly as crowded.  Ocracoke Island is awesome in NC, very quiet and romantic with nice beaches, I also really like Nags Head to Corolla (you can stay basically anywhere around there and get to the in-between places easily on the beach road, so you wouldn't be quite as isolated as you would be on Ocracoke.  As for the mountains, Asheville and the Boone areas have some nice touristy things to do and are both pretty places.  Asheville is very artsy and romantic to me.  They both should have a good number of B&B type places.  In SC, I only have been to Charleston and Isle of Palms, both of which are lovely, but not sure how much hotter they would be since they are further south. hth :)

Edit: I've also been to Savannah and Tybee Island.  Would highly recommend Savannah too :) 

Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMinnie212:

I don't know when you are due, so not sure if the middle/end of October would be good for you, but being that I am originally from NC, I can tell you that even into the beginning of October it can be pretty darned hot and sticky.  Sometimes it will be nice and cool and sometimes not.  Of course, if you are going to be at the beach, then end of Sept/early Oct is a nice time since it will be beginning to cool a bit and will not be nearly as crowded.  Ocracoke Island is awesome in NC, very quiet and romantic with nice beaches, I also really like Nags Head to Corolla (you can stay basically anywhere around there and get to the in-between places easily on the beach road, so you wouldn't be quite as isolated as you would be on Ocracoke.  As for the mountains, Asheville and the Boone areas have some nice touristy things to do and are both pretty places.  Asheville is very artsy and romantic to me.  They both should have a good number of B&B type places.  In SC, I only have been to Charleston and Isle of Palms, both of which are lovely, but not sure how much hotter they would be since they are further south. hth :)

Edit: I've also been to Savannah and Tybee Island.  Would highly recommend Savannah too :) 

Asheville and Blowing Rock, NC ...beautiful in october!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also agree with the beauty of the mountains in Asheville, NC.  For a beach time, there's Wrightsville Beach, NC, which is next to the town of Wilmington.  My husband and I got married on this beach, so it's got sentimental value for us.  Wilmington can get quite congested with tourists, though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"