C-sections

Belly Bandit

So after my last C-section, I bought the Belly Bandit. 

It is a stretchy rectangle of fabric that velcros around your body and is intended to help shrink your mid section after pregnancy.  Whether or not it does that...I can't say.  BUT, I put it on a few days after getting home from the hospital and I thought it did wonders for my pain from the c-section. 

It wraps around you above the incision and "holds" the loose belly skin in place so it didn't jiggle and pull on the incision.  Would highly reccomend.

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)

Re: Belly Bandit

• I wish I had gotten one. Next time I think I will for sure! Glad to hear that someone liked it after.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Labor Buddy to chulita425!
  • I have been wondering about these for a long time. no one had yet mentioned a c section with them so i assumed it was not good. thanks. i think i will buy one now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been using one and I agree...it did help with pain. It also made my belly smaller faster.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The hospital actually gave me something like that, it was my best friend! My husband had to convince me to try not wearing it after a month passed. It helped me so much i HIGHLY recommend something like this! i had a BeBand but i think the belly bandit would work much better for us C-Section ladies!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The hospital gave me one too (they call them a binder).  It's amazing in helping the first few days.  Word of caution though- make sure you give yourself time with it off.  It can mess up your digestive system
  • I didn't care for it.  It definitely makes the tummy go down faster, but I found it uncomfortable.  I can't imagine wearing it right after, I didn't wear mine till 2 weeks PP and only wore it for a couple of days because I found it uncomfortable.
    Brady Hunter 08/12/08 Carter Joseph 07/31/11 image
  • I never used a binder with my first 3 cs's but I finally asked for one from the hospital and it was fantastic. It made it much easier to get up and down. I wouldn't blow $80 on a belly bandit though. 

• My hospital gave me one and I loved it. It really gave me the support I needed after being pregnant.I wore it for a few weeks after I got home and it did help my belly shrink fast. Like pp I would not spend big bucks on a name brand band. I recommend a cheap version, they work just as good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My dr gives one to his c-section patients so I'll be getting another one. I have to wear it for at least a week, but i usually wear it longer.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersimage Photobucket
  • I was given one in the hospital and I loved it. Helped with my pain immensely, especially when getting in and out of the bed or couch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i bought one from a local mom/baby store a few days after because i felt i needed support. definitely wasnt planning though since its quite pricey. it helped a ton though. c-section mamas are supposed to get the bamboo bandit, just fyi. my hospital didnt offer a "binder" maybe ill ask this time if i end up with another csection. i would get a size smaller than what you actually size. i shrank quickly and felt i didnt get as much use out of it as i would have liked for so much $$
    Cloth diapering, VBAC, BF & FF, AP momma to two 2 and under. Special needs - DS born with clubfoot and diastrophic dysplasia (dwarfism)
  • the hospital gave me one, i put it on the day after my surgery and it was so uncomfortable, bt i got used to it and i really liked it, im 3 weeks pp and i stopped wearing it, ive lost alot of weight already so the upper part is smaller so the band was all loose up top, it was uncomfortable but i reccomend using one! :)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"