Austin Babies
Options

T&P request for my friend

I am so sad. I have 2 friends who have due dates this week. One of them found she had a breech baby and was scheduled for a c-section on Friday. I don't know exactly what happened but she went in for a routine appointment today and found the baby had her umbillical cord wrapped around her neck 3 times. A c-section was performed but the baby didn't survive. This was her 2nd pregnancy. Her first ended in an early miscarriage over a year ago and I've been in touch with her throughout this pregnancy giving her encouragement. I had sent a nice baby gift based on your suggestions a month ago. I can't imagine what they are going through and I just can't stop crying thinking about it.
Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>

Re: T&P request for my friend

• Options
    That is so so sad!  I am so sorry!  T&P sent her way.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Prayers and hugs =(

If you'll recall one of my co-workers, Joy, lost her baby at 3 weeks old. They'd known since 15 or so weeks there problems. She recently posted on her blog that there is one book that she feels has helped her the most -  "Surviving the Loss of a Child, Support for Grieving Parents" by Elizabeth B. Brown. Perhaps that would be a good 2nd gift to send along with a sympathy card and an open invitation to call and talk anytime. Over and over Joy has said that one of the most important things to her is that people treat her like a mother and acknowledge that she had a child. She still wants to be able to tell her birth story, no matter how sad the ending etc. Of course you'll have take your friend's lead for when she's ready but you can help her by letting her know that it's OK for her to talk (or not talk) to you about anything. Especially with a C-section she'll still be going through a postpartum recovery period so that's another thing you can encourage her to talk through.

My heart hurts for all mothers who have lost =( It's just not fvcking fair...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTaytee:

Prayers and hugs =(

If you'll recall one of my co-workers, Joy, lost her baby at 3 weeks old. They'd known since 15 or so weeks there problems. She recently posted on her blog that there is one book that she feels has helped her the most -  "Surviving the Loss of a Child, Support for Grieving Parents" by Elizabeth B. Brown. Perhaps that would be a good 2nd gift to send along with a sympathy card and an open invitation to call and talk anytime. Over and over Joy has said that one of the most important things to her is that people treat her like a mother and acknowledge that she had a child. She still wants to be able to tell her birth story, no matter how sad the ending etc. Of course you'll have take your friend's lead for when she's ready but you can help her by letting her know that it's OK for her to talk (or not talk) to you about anything. Especially with a C-section she'll still be going through a postpartum recovery period so that's another thing you can encourage her to talk through.

My heart hurts for all mothers who have lost =( It's just not fvcking fair...

Thanks for the book rec. Good idea.

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    Oh no! T&P going their way big time. My heart just breaks for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"