Austin Babies

how do you make sangria?

We're having a bbq on Saturday and I was thinking Sangria would be a good party-punch thing to offer.  Its one of those things that everybody makes differently, right?  Does anyone have a favorite way? 

I was thinking of using a White Zinfandel, club soda and fruit.  Does anyone use Sprite instead of club soda?  Does that make it too sweet?  What kind of fruit works best?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how do you make sangria?

• imageMrsRosie:
    I prefer red sangria, but I think it would probably be made about the same way.  I use usually choose a wine that's on the dry side, add Sprite or 7-Up, add a bunch of juice (cran-raspberry, orange, pineapple, whatever sounds good), then ad a bunch of sliced limes, lemons, and oranges.

This is pretty much how I make my red sangria.  I found a "recipe" for a white sangria the other day.  I took it to a work thing a few weeks ago and everyone loved it! I made this white one and a traditional red and the white was GONE, and had red left over (I made 2 batches of white and 1 of red, so more than double the amount of the white was drank)

• I can vouch for this recipe: White Sangria -NYT. I usually prefer red sangria as well, but I've yet to find a recipe that I like.
  • Loading the player...
  • Use the HEB brand grapefruit soda. It is sooooo good in sangria.

ETS: Just the soda and a bottle of red and pop it in the freezer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"